Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 PM

272 posts, read 619,921 times

Advertisements

This is exactly why I don't participate in dating:

Quote:
Dear Guys,

Just because I've hinted around, and even have been as straight forward as a person could ever be, in my pursuit of you, doesn't mean that I am going to ask you out.

Because I want you to ask me!

Just because, like the woman who posted, I have a career, a house, a car etc. doesn't mean that I don't need you.

Because I do!

Different people make different choices in their lives. I thought I was making the right choices. However, it has been brought to my attention by men, more times than I can count, that I am intimidating to men, all because of the choices I made and the hard work I have done to acquire such things as a car, a house and a career.

I say bull****.

And here is why.

I could have decided not to go to college. I could have decided to remain in a crappy apartment with 3 roommates. I could have decided, or acted with stupidity, to get myself knocked up in my 20s and have kids running around me today. I could have decided to rely only on public transportation or my bicycle. I could have decided to keep my $7.50/hour job at the corner record store or 7-11.

But I didn't. Because what kind of life would this have been? What kind of opportunities and life experiences would this have provided?

Instead, I kept myself and my life on track. I went to college, didn't get pregnant, bought a car, bought a house, made a career, and enjoyed many other life experiences, all in the hopes of two things.

1. So that I could provide for myself during my single years.

2. So that I could be a good life partner for a man in my future.

There is something important I want you to understand and that is this:

As a woman, we understand the pressures that men have on them, from society, from their innate being, to provide for the female. However, as we women age, and we have yet to find that one man we love with all of our hearts, who loves us with all of his heart, we must learn to provide for ourselves. What other choice do we have? [see above]

Some of us women see it as very unattractive to not have our **** together by a certain age. We don't want men to think we are just sitting around, doing nothing with our lives and not bettering ourselves, while we wait for one man to come scoop us up and save us. Could there be anything more unattractive as that?

But this doesn't mean that I don't need you.

Because I do!

Stop being intimidated and revel in the fact that I have a lot more to offer you than had I been the girl at the corner 7-11. And by offer you, I do not necessarily mean things.

Because I've spent my time working hard to give myself a good life, it has given me the time and opportunity to expand the other parts of who I am as a person, as a woman. Meaning, I've got my emotional **** together too.

I want to be asked out. I need you. More than you will ever know.

It is your heart, that I desire.

I'll be waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
Yup, I can digg it, my friend. Talk about a self serving person. That just sucks to high hell to have to deal with people like that.

That has be from some person that has a waaaaaaay over inflated value of themselves. I feel sad for her. Sadly many women are like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
This is exactly why I don't participate in dating:

Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
She sounds self absorbed and not a relationship type of woman.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
Whoaaaaa! Who wrote that narcissistic diatribe???

Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
She sounds desperate!!! All that planning and hard work to turn out desperate and pathetic!
Plus, what makes her think that men are not out looking for career women that are self-sufficient? Most men I know are. It's her attitude that they are not looking for!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Whoaaaaa! Who wrote that narcissistic diatribe???
Mmm, I fail to see anything wrong with this...

Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
she sounds desperate!!! All that planning and hard work to turn out desperate and pathetic!
Plus, what makes her think that men are not out looking for career women that are self-sufficient? Most men i know are. It's her attitude that they are not looking for!!!

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Mmm, I fail to see anything wrong with this...
She's just got a pretty snarky tone...Did Artsy pen this???

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
I wouldn't call it narcissistic but I would say she isn't really into relationships.....and is probably controlling and very independent.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 PM

513 posts, read 1,578,559 times
women never get it, don't they? Don't know why I have to point it out to women over and over again. Men don't look for career, car or so called "independence" from women, men do get intimidated by women, but no man is gonna be intimidated by your house, career or car. For unmature guys who don't look for early commitment, the only things that you have that might intimidate them are your boobs, your face and your butt, and that's assuming you are way out of his league and he has a normal sense of self-awareness. For mature guys, they will look for your personality, your values, you emotional maturity, compatibility of interests, education and of course, how hot you are. They are not looking for your car or your house, they are certainly not gonna assume you are out of their league because you went to college or have a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships