Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,540 times

Advertisements

I am 22 and in a very bad relationship with a man. I would like to cut off all contact but it's difficult, I keep going back to him. It feels like an addiction. So many people say to hang out with friends to feel better about yourself, but all of my friends are constantly with or talking about their boyfriends, and it just makes me feel worse. I was wondering if anyone knew of any therapy groups that exist to help people get out of bad relationsips. I feel that I really need one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 03:45 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WondaDiva View Post
I am 22 and in a very bad relationship with a man. I would like to cut off all contact but it's difficult, I keep going back to him. It feels like an addiction. So many people say to hang out with friends to feel better about yourself, but all of my friends are constantly with or talking about their boyfriends, and it just makes me feel worse. I was wondering if anyone knew of any therapy groups that exist to help people get out of bad relationsips. I feel that I really need one.
Go to your gyno's office. Most of them can give you contacts. Good luck.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,190 times
WOW!!!! You are saying exactly what I'm feeling!! I know my relationship is bad and we're always "off and on" because I continue to go back to the LOSER!! I am searching for the same support..

Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM

303 posts, read 1,385,501 times
I have been where you are. It was an emotionally abusive relationship but I stayed for fear of being alone. We did the back and forth crap. Once I left I felt so much better after a little time. I felt happier and healthier. And you WILL meet someone else much better for you. I promise it will get better. As for the groups try calling a therapists office for a referral.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
No. Group therapy doesn't work. Just ween yourself off of him like a strong woman would do. Get involved with your social life. Spend time with family. Read. Dance. Basically get used to being single and alone and being cool with it. Most people have to grow up and do that. Now it is your turn.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No. Group therapy doesn't work. Just ween yourself off of him like a strong woman would do. Get involved with your social life. Spend time with family. Read. Dance. Basically get used to being single and alone and being cool with it. Most people have to grow up and do that. Now it is your turn.
So true........its about strenght and maturity. If you are one of those females that "need" a man for fear of being alone it will be especially hard for you. But at any rate you (all)need to cut him loose and get busy in some other things. Lean on your girlfriends tell them you are having a hardtime and they should be able to comfort you. Change your # & delete his (so you cant drunk dial at 3am). Get rid of everything you can that reminds you of him (that you can afford to). Remind all mutual friends not to keep you updated on him and if they cant do this dont talk to them fo a while...text to keep in touch but stay away until you are over him...(if they are your friends theyll understand)...the most important thing is to stay busy busy busy busy. If you are busy you dont have time to sit and think about him. And most of all just be strong. Break ups are hard but if its for the best......then do it.....

Old 01-24-2011, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,879 times
hi i am interested in knowing what happened with this...im not going thru the same thing...my fam and friends try to help but i dont seem to get it...what did u do???? plz let me know

Old 01-24-2011, 04:49 PM

968 posts, read 2,588,463 times
If you need a rebound shoot me a message. LOL

We can have "therapy" sessions

Old 01-24-2011, 04:57 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
Quote:
According to PUA artists guys who sleep with 10 women will forget about their feelings for a previous mate, might work and should be a hell of a lot easier as a woman.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
You need to quit worrying about whether you have a man in your life and do what's right for YOU! Change your friends if all they're into is talking about their boyfriends, and try a different path in life.How will that "special man" ever find you if you are always running back into this other mans arms???There's nothing wrong with not having a partner, it's certainly better than having one that makes you so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships