Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do your partners looks matter THAT much?
YES - Looks are EVERYTHING!! 1 1.72%
Yes - A Bit Of Personality Helps 7 12.07%
Sorta - Important but not 'be all and end all'. 38 65.52%
No - Its whats inside that counts 12 20.69%
NO - IM BLIND! 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:47 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,733,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieboi View Post
My question is "At what point did we decide that a textbook 'hunk' should be slim, curvy and have no to minimal body hair?"

There is no "texbook" hunk. Everyone has a different idea of what is "ideal" for them. But I agree that for many women, excessive body hair is undesirable.
I am one of them...I simply find it unattractive. It does not mean that I would not consider you a terrific person, or a great friend. I simply would not be attracted to you in a physical sense, from just an initial meeting. However, after becoming friends, on some other level, there is nothing to say that a relationship could not develop. So while your issue may be a problem for some, on purely a "at first sight" basis, I seriously doubt that it would prevent most from becoming closer, after getting to know you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 12:54 PM

918 posts, read 1,634,105 times
Hmm....

I have always wanted a bit more body hair. My hair on my arms is light so barely noticeable... my legs has a bunch, and I have a little bit on my chest. No back hair or anything like that, lol.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,850,310 times
Did you want more pit hair? I notice some guys have huge bushes under there and some do not. Very interesting. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Hmm....

I have always wanted a bit more body hair. My hair on my arms is light so barely noticeable... my legs has a bunch, and I have a little bit on my chest. No back hair or anything like that, lol.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:44 PM

I have pit hair, but not "huge bushes", lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Did you want more pit hair? I notice some guys have huge bushes under there and some do not. Very interesting. Right?

Old 10-12-2008, 02:20 PM

You said you wanted more body hair. Do you mean chest hair and tummy hair? I was curious.

Quote:
I have pit hair, but not "huge bushes", lol.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:39 PM

A *little* more chest hair...

No tummy hair though... I already have a nice trail leading from my belly-button to... well, you know. The girls I've been with seem to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You said you wanted more body hair. Do you mean chest hair and tummy hair? I was curious.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:18 PM

yep the ladies do like that for some odd reason...

Quote:
A *little* more chest hair...

No tummy hair though... I already have a nice trail leading from my belly-button to... well, you know. The girls I've been with seem to like it.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,087,565 times
I have always liked chest hair. I like men that keep themselves in shape, but the body builder ones don't do a thing for me. I just don't care for all those muscles. The one thing I love is men that wear cologne, they could look like a dog, but if they are wearing cologne....I'm married and my husband does not wear cologne, so I have to catch a wiff on someone walking by.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM

I wear cologne, but I'm kinda torn on it... my EX got me hooked on the kind I wear, and I want to switch to something else... but I can't find one that women like as much.

Aqua Di Gio is my kind... anyone have suggestions on another? Preferably cheaper, lol.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Ginseng by Jovan is great and inexpensive. CK1 is great too and I've had some imposter cologne that smelled equally as good called Gender One. Save yourself some money!

Quote:
I wear cologne, but I'm kinda torn on it... my EX got me hooked on the kind I wear, and I want to switch to something else... but I can't find one that women like as much.

Aqua Di Gio is my kind... anyone have suggestions on another? Preferably cheaper, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships