Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM

609 posts, read 1,171,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
You want my sincere opinion, leangk?
I think you are a poor messed up kid, you should go back to CND and mend your relationships with your family.
And stop smoking pot and screwing around, go to the gym rather!
my relationship with ym families awesome! my dad and nanar (grandmother) are coming to england this christmas and im going to visit them. i also clal them every week end to give them alittle update.

i also play basketball and soccer with the univsity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 01:44 PM

51,956 posts, read 52,393,874 times
Break up stories are depressing.

I don't need that kind of info on a Sunday

Old 10-12-2008, 01:46 PM

609 posts, read 1,171,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Break up stories are depressing.

I don't need that kind of info on a Sunday
ok chowhound, then what about great love at first sight stories?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:46 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,211,063 times
Well, ok, just because you asked. This is the way it goes down:

ME: I do not feel about you the same way that I once did. I do not see myself feeling that way again. We are over.

or

ME: Get your crap and get out of my house.

or

ME: I am not happy in this relationship. I want out.

HE: I can change. Give me another chance. It is just because you have had (this, that and the other) and you really do not feel like this it must be something else.

ME: No, we are done.

HE: My life is over. You are my entire world. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I...I.... HINTING AT SUICIDE.

ME: Razor blades are on sale at Walgreens. I think Walmart still sells guns. Don't you have rope in the basement?

Old 10-12-2008, 03:20 PM

323 posts, read 786,333 times
Ha ha.. That's pretty cold Pandamonium!

Anyways, here's my break up story.. And I'm changing the names.

I had seen Tim around town here and there and thought he was cute. One day, he was shopping in the store that I work at so I struck up a conversation.. As it turned out, he had noticed me around town here and there as well. We exchanged e-mail addresses at the time however, he never e-mailed me. It took some time because neither of us were aggressive, but eventually (thanks to MySpace) we started seeing each other. I knew immediately that he was special. I remember thinking that I hadn't met someone so close to perfect for me in a loooooooong time. In the beginning, we literally spoke on the phone for hours a week. After about a month, he gave me a reason of why we spoke on the phone so often and didn't hang out quite so much: He was just too focused on his career and couldn't devote enough time to be serious with anyone at the time. I replied with my heart and not my brain (as us girls so often do) and told him that I understood and was okay with that. I told him that eventually us not being committed might become too difficult for me, but that I could handle it for now. Right after that, the relationship became sexual. For him not having enough time to devote to a relationship, he sure spent a LOT of time with me. For the next six months, we spent 4-6 days a week together AND continued to talk on the phone for hours a day (I'm talking about on lunch breaks, on the way home from work, throughout the day.. it was constant).

Tim definitely liked that I liked him so much. And he definitely didn't want to admit how much he liked me although his actions led me to believe that he really did. I guess maybe it was his ego that would cause him to occasionally remind me that I wasn't his "girlfriend". I think maybe he thought that I didn't believe him, but I did.

We hung out on his birthday but afterwards, he told me that he was going to have some drinks with some of his friends. The next day when we spoke, he talked about how his night went and mentioned that a girl he knew, Liz, had been there. I thought to myself that I thought it was supposed to be a boys night out, but I didn't give it too much thought. He mentioned that Liz had a thing for his best friend.

So after about six months of being friends and seeing each other, I started feeling really insecure about our relationship. He had a falling out with a guy that we both knew and did not like that I still had a relation to that guy (my best friend was his roommate). He would say things like "I'd ask you to be my girlfriend if it wasn't for your relation to that guy!" Also, I had disclosed my number of sexual partners which seemed to be a big issue to him (lol.. it's not THAT high.. I think it was more than him though) and he would also say "I'd ask you to be my girlfriend, but there are things about you that I can't deal with and you can't change.. Like your number of sexual partners." Also, one night he went to a party with Liz, who worked at a magazine that dealt with his career and had become a business associate of his. I remember being a little jealous, but because of mine and Tim's closeness, I didn't put too much thought into it. However, all of these factors were making me increasingly insecure. I didn't like the way it was making me feel or act towards him so I ended the relationship.

For the first 3 days after ending it, I had a hard time holding it together. My heart was so broken. I wanted to cry all day and all night. I wanted to lay in bed under the covers, but doing that made me feel worse. I remember feeling like I would never be as happy again. I couldn't deal with it, so on the fourth day, I called him. I had kind of started feeling like I didn't really have a reason to be so insecure and wanted the relationship to go back to how it had been. He told me that he'd try, but that he had been thinking for the past couple of days that he had to get over it and that's what he'd been trying to do.

The next few months were so confusing. I could tell that me ending it had really bothered him because he told me how some of his friends had consoled him about and would ask for updates on our situation. He told me that the weekend I had ended it, his best friend tried to hook him up with a girl to make him feel better and they had went to a concert with Liz. He told me that his best friend said that he thought Liz had a crush on him (Tim). Weeks would go by where we were getting along really well and hanging out all the time again and then there would be weeks where Tim and I would hardly talk and he would act as if I were bugging him. Eventually, he told me that he'd tried, but that he just never felt the same about me as he had before I ended it. He told me that I could call him to be friends when I was ready but that he was going to give me space for a while. I was devastated and wanted him to change his mind, but I finally decided that he wasn't going to. As soon as I accepted that, he began to initiate our relationship again little by little but it continued to be rocky and inconsistent. After a few weeks of that, he again told me that I needed to get over him and even had the nerve to imply that I'm the one that continued to call him after he told me he didn't have feelings for me. I let him know that that wasn't the case and agreed, again, to separate myself from him.

After a few days, he seemed to have a change of heart yet again. He told me that he's been trying to keep himself from having feelings for me because I had betrayed him and he wasn't sure if he was ready to have his heart taken by me. We had sex that night and again the following week. After that, we maintained a close relationship but it was definitely just a friendship. Even though I still wanted more, I refused to throw myself at him. Our relationship went like that for several months. We would still talk on the phone for several hours a night, often up to four hours but our hanging out consisted of dinner or watching movies.

By this time Liz had moved to a different city to work for her stupid magazine. He went out there as she was connecting him with jobs and her magazine had put him up with a hotel. I commonly referred to her as a "skank *****" even though I didn't know the first thing about her. He would tell me how he didn't really trust her and how she would make fun of him for being a homebody but he didn't see how she liked to go out all the time when she was already in her 30's. His career was really coming along and our town did an article on him in a local magazine. He was really excited and I was really excited for him. Before the article came out, he warned me that he had told the magazine that he had a girlfriend. His reasoning was that they were going to put his relationship status in there either way and he didn't want random girls contacting him trying to hook up with him.

After some time, he lost his career-related job out here and decided to move to a city where he had also made some business connections. I cried. It also happened to be the same city that Liz had moved to even though he wasn't going to tell her he was moving there until he was there. He told me that he had a cousin that lived in that city that he would be staying with.

We maintained a super close friendship until the day he left. And when he left, we would still talk and text. He told me that he was sleeping on his cousin's couch and didn't want to disturb him at night by talking on the phone so we could only talk during the day. After he had been out there for several weeks, the guy from here that he had had a falling out with (that my best friend lived with) made sure that I got an important message. The message was that Tim had moved there to be with Liz and that they were living together and had been together for several months. It made perfect sense to me. So I confronted Tim about it. He was clearly annoyed that the guy had said all of that and he told me that he didn't care what that guy said. He said that the guy had just said that to me because he didn't want Tim and I to be friends. I noticed that he never denied that it was the truth though. At one point, Tim said "You sound like you kind of believe it." To me, that was him denying it and I guess because I was thinking with my heart and not my brain, I believed that the guy had been lying.

For the next several days, I didn't hear from Tim. He didn't return my texts and when he did, they were short and rude. It only took two times of being snubbed by him for me to give up. I felt like I had been a really good friend to him and if he wanted to end our friendship over something like that then it was his loss.

A few days later, I looked at Tim's Facebook and it confirmed that he was in a relationship with Liz. At first I thought my eyes were lying to me.. I couldn't help myself.. I text him to let him know of my findings. He, again, was very rude replying that they were in a relationship now and for me to tell that guy that told me that hello. I told him that I guess him convincing himself that I was on that guys' side made him feel okay about being a f**king liar. I told him that I'd been a good friend to him and he was ungrateful. He replied sarcastically saying that he was indeed an f**king liar and since I had it all figured out, we could just go with that theory. I didn't want to cause myself more pain so I didn't reply but about ten minutes later, he sends another text asking me if I have any more s**t to talk. I told him no, that I felt as if he'd already had enough laughs at my expense. I think he started to feel a little bad and he replied that he hadn't laughed as much as I thought but that someone else was laughing now (I'm guessing the guy he doesn't get along with ???).. He ended it with "But oh well, I guess!"

That was the last I heard from him.. It's been about five months now and I've had a lot of time to think about everything that I should've done, shouldn't have done, did, and didn't do. I'm actually in a much healthier relationship now that I would've never been open to if Tim hadn't disappeared out of my life almost exactly when he did. My boyfriend now is a guy I had met when things were rocky with Tim and I. I wouldn't give the guy a second thought because I was so hung up on Tim so the guy gave up. Four days after I last heard from Tim, he began to pursue me again. For a long time, I wasn't interested or ready to move on, but my boyfriend now was patient, understanding, and persistent and I'm much happier now than I had been for the previous six months of drama with Tim. So I guess everything worked out for the best for all of us!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,211,063 times
Wow! Nice ending, though.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:43 PM

918 posts, read 1,634,283 times
To the OP...

I left my family and friends behind once for a woman. Lasted all of two weeks, before I realized that I made a huge mistake. Everything was great between the two of us, and we *might* still be together had I not left... but I was giving up too much. You shouldn't have to give up those that have always cared for someone that's been in your life short-term in comparison.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:26 AM

283 posts, read 758,319 times
i think your story would make an okay teenage novel i think you both should grow up and experience more things and have something more interesting to write about. lots of people went on an exchange or even moved countries, and have drama in both countries. just because you're located on different continents doesn't impress anyone.. flying is easy - just one day and you're in a different country. i live part time in the USA and part time in Australia and originally from Russia. that alone doesn't deserve to be written about i think.

and your story as a love story is a bit disappointing because obviously it is not a great love, if you both keep cheating on each other constantly. it's sad that neither of you care enough about each other to keep your hands off other people. i get the pressure of living in different countries, but lots of people manage to maintain long distance relationships without screwing over so majorly. drug use is also nothing to be proud of, or get dramatic about. we've all been there and done that at some point, who can you impress with that?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
ok......one time at band camp.......

Old 10-13-2008, 01:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,840,393 times
Ok leangk, here is my "crappy story" : when I was 14 as an exchange student in England , I stayed "chez l'habitant" and the daughter of the family (slightly older than me ) fell for me, but I was too young, a baby, I didn't care at all.
But she wanted to visit me in Paris. I said OK and gave her my address.
A few months later she came home, had lunch with my family and me, and I didn't utter a word. In the end she was weeping, I told her good bye.
End of my crappy story !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships