Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:12 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,282,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
While it sounds good, I mean gagging , there has to be another person in the world you'd like to have lunch with other that the 24/7 fixture...

OK. I have another one. I would choose Jackson Browne or his girlfriend at their house. They live off the grid just like my husband and I are building right now. I would love to find out more about their set up.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,450,270 times
I would have lunch with my uncle who passed away several years ago. I would take him to a German restaurant (as that was where we always went when he came into town)... I'd order us dark German beers in steins... He was a great human being, I don't know if he knew that or not, but I certainly did.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,085,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I would choose my husband. We are with each other 24/7 but he is my best friend and my favorite person to be with.

Makes you wanna gag, doesn't it LOL. But it's true.

Lisa
What a beautiful post, you are both lucky to have each other

Old 10-12-2008, 05:50 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,641,060 times
I would love to chat with Clark Gable!!!! My dad's grandmother and Clark Gable's grandmothers are sisters. My dad has those eyebrows He never met him. They were going to go fishing one time and there was some sort of emergency so he never got to meet him....so that would be a treat to sit down with him

Old 10-12-2008, 07:21 PM

20,549 posts, read 30,282,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What a beautiful post, you are both lucky to have each other
Thank you. We are both thankful and appreciate each other everyday. We know what we have is rare so we respect that.

Lisa

Old 10-12-2008, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,929,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just said it was good that a black man is running for president.
I truly don't give a flying sh*t what the color of any of these <insert a choce word> is. They can be pink with lime stripes for all I care.

Quote:
Most politicians are completely and utterly useless.
To say the least...

Quote:
Does that get my point across.
Yep.

Quote:
Yes, this isn't the political forum.

Let's get back to the relationship drama.
That's why I'm here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I think she's trying to tell you that you are a bit of an "Idiealist".
Again, to say the least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
They live off the grid just like my husband and I are building right now.
I just heard people talking about this "off the grid" thing recently. What exactly does it mean? Do you produce your own electricity, too?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 PM

316 posts, read 1,245,847 times
Default wow that is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If you could have lunch with only one person living or dead, who would you choose and why?
I would choose my mother, she passed away several years ago and we used to have lunch together a lot, I miss her terribly.
wow that is hard to pick just one! I guess my friend Jay so He can answer some questions for me! HE DIE 8 YEARS AGO.

I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE LUNCH WITH
DAVID
PAUL
AND JAHN

Last edited by judithexit; 10-12-2008 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: i ALSO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE LUNCH

Old 10-12-2008, 11:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,296,928 times
My father. He's had a series of small strokes and is in the beginning stages of dementia. I don't know how long he will be with us. We have always been incredibly close. As he lives out his life in this ever-diminishing state, it is pure agony for me to be in CA and for him to be in WI.

A lunch with him would be more important to me (and him) than any other person.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:03 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,807,475 times
I want to please have lunch with The Blob from the movie The Blob....ok not really.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,022,568 times
Jesus Christ. I'd like clarification on a lot of things. The lunch would have to last about six months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships