Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:34 PM

71 posts, read 227,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Here's a few more suggestions...

Instead of thinking big, think small.
Instead of occasionally buying her the big box of chocolate, make dinner!
Instead of the flowers, rub her feet.
Instead of the new whatever, take out the trash BEFORE SHE ASKS YOU TO FOR THE TENTH TIME.
This sounds like good advice.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:35 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,637,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
That puts us all into a tidy little box,doesn't it?
Pretty much.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,071,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post
This sounds like good advice.
And when she sort of shockedly says "hey you took out the trash without me asking you, thanks!", because you didn't run in and say "hey i took out the trash(insert pat on head here)", respond with "yeah I been thinking i'm not doing enough around here to show you I love you." And watch her melt

Old 10-12-2008, 08:13 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,637,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
And when she sort of shockedly says "hey you took out the trash without me asking you, thanks!", because you didn't run in and say "hey i took out the trash(insert pat on head here)", respond with "yeah I been thinking i'm not doing enough around here to show you I love you." And watch her melt
Thats funny, last week my husband took out the trash from the kitchen and all the bathrooms and even the laundry room. I said "WOW you took out the garbage." He said, "Isn't that what you wanted me to do?" I wanted to say YES, but I figured it would be to hard for you to figure out on your own. Instead, I smiled, shook my head and I just let it be.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Thats funny, last week my husband took out the trash from the kitchen and all the bathrooms and even the laundry room. I said "WOW you took out the garbage." He said, "Isn't that what you wanted me to do?" I wanted to say YES, but I figured it would be to hard for you to figure out on your own. Instead, I smiled, shook my head and I just let it be.
WOW sounds like you got your husband well trained.
How long did this take?
Or is it still a work in progress.
Any case I still think there will be a lot of wifes on
this board that will be envious.
I myself am not married.
But should the big day arrive I will write down these
little bits of advice to help me on that journey.

THIS IS MY LIST SO FAR
1 Take out the Garbage
2 Put the toilet seat down (I came up with that)
3 Make dinner
4 Rub her feet
ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO HAD TO MY LIST?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,195,498 times
hmmm. women file for divorce first because women are smarter!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 02:01 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,816,274 times
It ain't over till the fat lady sings...everybody knows the husband ain't no fat lady...mmkaaaay.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:01 AM

11,368 posts, read 24,333,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post

THIS IS MY LIST SO FAR
1 Take out the Garbage
2 Put the toilet seat down (I came up with that)
3 Make dinner
4 Rub her feet
ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO HAD TO MY LIST?
Do both of you work? Have you offered to renegotiate the balance of responsibility in running the household?

What about cleaning? Or not leaving your clothes/towels on the floor? Do you help with the dishes? Can you run a vacuum cleaner? Do laundry? Run errands? Buy the groceries? Fix something that's broken? Make the beds? Take her to a show or a movie, or initiate an outing that has nothing to do with spectator sports?

And then there's the occasional for no reason, unexpected nice thing like a small gift. Fragrant French soap, a charm bracelet, a house plant, or a new book about something you know she's interested in.

Annually, she needs something that her friends will notice in the way of jewelry or a car. LOL Maybe not a car...women really do notice each other's tokens that their men give to them. It may seem superficial, but a lot of women take that as evidence that their man is proud of their relationship.

And if this is totally missing the mark, try one or two. Not all women need the same things.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Do both of you work? Have you offered to renegotiate the balance of responsibility in running the household?

What about cleaning? Or not leaving your clothes/towels on the floor? Do you help with the dishes? Can you run a vacuum cleaner? Do laundry? Run errands? Buy the groceries? Fix something that's broken? Make the beds? Take her to a show or a movie, or initiate an outing that has nothing to do with spectator sports?

And then there's the occasional for no reason, unexpected nice thing like a small gift. Fragrant French soap, a charm bracelet, a house plant, or a new book about something you know she's interested in.

Annually, she needs something that her friends will notice in the way of jewelry or a car. LOL Maybe not a car...women really do notice each other's tokens that their men give to them. It may seem superficial, but a lot of women take that as evidence that their man is proud of their relationship.

And if this is totally missing the mark, try one or two. Not all women need the same things.
I think I could add all that to the list.
I don't think I would buy her a new car though.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 AM

859 posts, read 2,141,765 times
I really cant complain much here, Mike is pretty helpfull in the house ( besides Laundry!)

Plus I did not file for devorce first either with my First Husband.. I BELIEVED he was telling the truth wehn he said LETS work it out, not go behind my Back and file for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships