Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,676,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Men arent perfect, but they do rarely iniate, threaten with, or throw divorce in womens faces. Thats simple statistics right there.

I believe this is because men are far less demanding, and way more willing to accept, settle, try to fix and finally tolerate less then ideal situations.
You are so wrong! But so set in your ways I'm not even going to refer you to my post in this thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:33 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,029,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That's because women had no choice in anything. They stayed married no matter what - even if they were beaten and abused. They also couldn't work as easily to support themselves. This is sort of like saying that race relations were much better back in the times of slavery. Or like that Japanese were much easier to get along with when they were all in the relocation camps.
It don't matter. Couples were happy together then and most were proud to stick to their traditional gender roles.

There really weren't that many married people having extramarital affairs back then. That was probably the only reason people divorced if they committed adultery or domestic "abuse". Now you got this No-Fault Divorce which is ridiculous.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,083,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It don't matter. Couples were happy together then and most were proud to stick to their traditional gender roles.

There really weren't that many married people having extramarital affairs back then. That was probably the only reason people divorced if they committed adultery or domestic "abuse". Now you got this No-Fault Divorce which is ridiculous.
I'm not sure why you believe the bolded - but it's really just not true. People like to glorify times gone by - but people have always been people. There have always been cheaters, liars, abusers, etc. Things are just more out in the open now and it's not acceptable to beat up your wife or cheat on her - because she now has options.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:37 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,264,687 times
Quote:
I'll say this - your posts show a blatant disgust and bitterness toward women. But you also seem to have a blatant disgust for many people, not just women.
So then, I'm more of a misanthrope than a misogynist? Well, at least that's less loaded. I can agree with you, to some extent. People who aren't out to "get all the bananas" are a minority. Most people are self-serving. Society encourages conspicuous consumption, immediate gratification and disposable attitudes. This is marketed to women even more so than it is to men. As this has increased, so has divorce.

Like I said before, a woman who cries "we just can't communicate" means "I'm not getting my way." That has become such a trite and (purposefully) unintelligible reason to get divorced.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:38 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,029,247 times
Quote:
I'm not sure why you believe the bolded - but it's really just not true. People like to glorify times gone by - but people have always been people. There have always been cheaters, liars, abusers, etc. Things are just more out in the open now and it's not acceptable to beat up your wife or cheat on her - because she now has options.
But it's okay for her to cheat and beat on him and get away with it. She can divorce and take half of what he owns and get spousal support. That's the result of the No-Fault Divorce. Talk about double standards in domestic violence and infidelity.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
But it's okay for her to cheat She can divorce and take half of what he owns and get spousal support. That's the result of the No-Fault Divorce.
The PARTY who CHEATS should get messed over. Period.

When an Elliott Spitzer cheats, he will, and should, get worked over because he has the cash flow, not to mention the fact that he is a jerk. When a woman cheats, she should get worked over, and if she has kids, that'll give her something to think about before she does it...it could be a deterrent, who knows. No mercy.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
But it's okay for her to cheat and beat on him and get away with it. She can divorce and take half of what he owns and get spousal support. That's the result of the No-Fault Divorce. Talk about double standards in domestic violence and infidelity.
I never said it was okay for anyone to cheat or abuse their spouse. I don't believe that and I never said it.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I never said it was okay for anyone to cheat or abuse their spouse. I don't believe that and I never said it.
Then is it ok for the cheating party to extract money from the other? Better yet, extort?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Then is it ok for the cheating party to extract money from the other? Better yet, extort?
Oh good grief. Every situation is different - things aren't black and white. My gut reaction is that the cheater should always get the bad end of the deal. But I don't know the circumstances in every single relationship. Bad people exist. Bad people come in both genders. Some good people get screwed. That's just life.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief. Every situation is different - things aren't black and white. My gut reaction is that the cheater should always get the bad end of the deal. But I don't know the circumstances in every single relationship. Bad people exist. Bad people come in both genders. Some good people get screwed. That's just life.
Thank you (the bold type). I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships