U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 PM

14,756 posts, read 13,444,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Celebrities and topics don't mix well. Ronald Reagan was an actor who became governor for California. He was the first politician who established the No-Fault Divorce. Then that epidemic went nationwide.
Consider who he was married to.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 PM

19,008 posts, read 11,182,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, most men don't want custody because most don't want or like children. So can you really blame men for not wanting anything to do with them? Then the ex forces it on him through child support, money that actually goes to the system and not the thing.
First off, please don't speak for most men. You can't know if most men like their children or not. For the men who don't, they shouldn't be having children. You could get snipped. Just as long as I, the taxpayer, do not have to pay for your brood. But, if you are careless to have children than it's really your problem.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Money does go to "the system" and the assessment could be more than what is realistically needed to support the child. Like I said earlier, it's not about liking or disliking women, it's about M-O-N-E-Y, the root of all evil. The problem is that men who think with parts of their brains other than their pituitary glands can think this through, and women don't like it. It kind of wrecks their program.
Then break it down. The median and average (not coincidental imo) child support payment, according to census, is between $300-400/mo per child. How much of that is not going to the child? How much does it cost for a human being to live every month?

Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Then break it down. The median and average (not coincidental imo) child support payment, according to census, is between $300-400/mo per child. How much of that is not going to the child? How much does it cost for a human being to live every month?
$ 600 in CA, so $1200 for two kids, for a person with a decent job. That will definitely put a crimp in someone's lifestyle. For a kid not coming to my breakfast table daily....not interested!

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
$ 600 in CA, so $1200 for two kids, for a person with a decent job. That will definitely put a crimp in someone's lifestyle. For a kid not coming to my breakfast table daily....not interested!
This is what I'm reading...

"Detailed child support breakdowns for California are not reported, although given a majority of individuals paying child support in the state are above the poverty line, the median payment was noted at $300 a month."

$300/mo. While that may break the bank for some, it's not much for a child to thrive on. In cali, the cost for a child is >$800.00. Guess who is paying the difference? Mom or the taxpayer.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
In cali, the cost for a child is >$800.00. Guess who is paying the difference? Mom or the taxpayer.
Don't know and don't want to know. In the agricultural and "another planet" Central Valley, I'm sure the taxpayer is picking up the tab. In the expensive coastal metro areas, the guys who earn decent incomes are paying, I'm sure. Enough to make some men run to the doctor and have their vas deferens "disabled."

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Don't know and don't want to know. In the agricultural and "another planet" Central Valley, I'm sure the taxpayer is picking up the tab. In the expensive coastal metro areas, the guys who earn decent incomes are paying, I'm sure. Enough to make some men run to the doctor and have their vas deferens "disabled."
As I mentioned earlier, most guys don't earn very much. This forum speaks to that reality well enough. The small percentage who earn decently are probably paying out the wazoo, but for the majority? It's us, the taxpayers. That or mom.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier, most guys don't earn very much. This forum speaks to that reality well enough. The small percentage who earn decently are probably paying out the wazoo, but for the majority? It's us, the taxpayers. That or mom.
Which means the middle-class person is hit the hardest by a divorce. And then, for this and other reasons, is it any wonder that the middle-class is shrinking and America is in sadder shape for it? Then, the fact that people who have no business having kids, irrespective of marital status, are the ones having them doesn't help the equation.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 AM

5,517 posts, read 5,104,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't get it... All women are nags... Some women might be okay... All the women I've ever known are harpies... I guess there might be a couple decent women out there...
All women are nags, its just the level of nagging, and how far they are willing to take it. All women are nags, its just all nagging women havent filed for divorce.

Quote:
Dude - all women are not the same. Do I sometimes get on to my husband? Yes. And he tells me I have every right to. If I ask him to do something - and he says he will - and then a month goes by and he still hasn't done it - he wants me to get on to him about it.
Do it yourself! Does he EVER ask you do anything that doesnt involve the bedroom? Seriously, I have NEVER asked anyone to do anything for me. I do everything myself, and thats generally the attitude of most men.

Quote:
This is not me being demanding - this is my husband being lazy. And he admits it. He probably doesn't ask as much of me because I take care of most things - and if I didn't - they just wouldn't get done. We have a happy marriage. We are happy together. I'm not evil and he's not perfect.
The only reason those things "need" to be done, is because YOU are demanding they get done. Here is news, every dude survived before they met you, and in most cases, on their own. Most dudes are minimalist, and they do exactly what needs to be done. What "needs" to be done in a womans opinion are things like repainting a room every 2 months, or putting a shower curtain just so, or changing around blinds to curtains.......these things do NOT "need" to be done, they are just demands. Those join the other endless woman unique demands like "I need money to go to starbucks every day/get my hair done every week/buy my 700th pair of shoes" or "You arent wearing that out are you?" or "Guess what, we are going to some stupid wedding/party/get to getter" or "Why do you have that, you dont need it (yet, they absolutely have a use for 600 pairs of shoes/articles of clothing/purses)."

Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 AM

5,517 posts, read 5,104,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Let me spell it out for ya. If women only marry because they are gold diggers and only stay married as long as their every whim is being met, and men continue to marry women over and over and over, I can see no other conclusion than men must be imbieciles. I cant imagine anyone with intelligence doing this unless they are so weak as to do it for nookie or perhaps a little of both. Actually that might be mutually exclusive.
And if women only stayed married as long as their every need was being gratifyed 99% percent of marriages wouldnt last a few years.

Thanks for clarifying, that makes more sense.

I honestly dont know why men marry. I dont even know why I did either time honestly. I love my current wife dearly, but love doesnt neccessarily mean marriage......maybe its some sort of responsibility thing? Maybe a need for stability?

Thats a really good question.

By the way, I dont know where there would be stats on the average length of marriage nor am I really inclined to search for it, but I can bet you the length of average marriage has fallen drastically, and the number of people with multiple divorces under their belt has risen, that is, people are often only staying a few years until they realize they cant have their every whim met.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships