Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,173,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Because women expect more than men are capable of giving?
....Or should be reasonably expected to give. This is actually 95% of the reason right here that Ive been spending most of my posts on this thread talking about, right from a feminists mouth.

Women demand demand demand, men dont "perform", and women pout and file for divorce.

Quote:
Because men hit women?
Not so much any more, and this is a very small percent of divorce filings. Additionally, women become physical much more often then they have in the past, but men are more likely to overlook a violent woman.

Quote:
Because men cheat and lie and are lazy?
1. Women have been proven to cheat nearly as much as men
2. Women also lie, particuliarly about finances, since being a spendthrift is in their DNA
3. Lazy? I might give you that men are slightly lazier around the home, however, I think they catch an inflated rap because they simply arent doing everything the woman wants them to do, when they want it done.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,652 times
Actualy, women cheat MORE than men, according to recent studies and surveys, which is not exactly a shock to someone who has been observing life for awhile. In all fairness, they have an easier time cheating than men do. The women file for divorce, because most only want to get married but not really be married.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,137,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Actualy, women cheat MORE than men, according to recent studies and surveys, which is not exactly a shock to someone who has been observing life for awhile. In all fairness, they have an easier time cheating than men do. The women file for divorce, because most only want to get married but not really be married.
Link to these studies?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,100,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
All women are nags, its just the level of nagging, and how far they are willing to take it. All women are nags, its just all nagging women havent filed for divorce.

Do it yourself! Does he EVER ask you do anything that doesnt involve the bedroom? Seriously, I have NEVER asked anyone to do anything for me. I do everything myself, and thats generally the attitude of most men.

The only reason those things "need" to be done, is because YOU are demanding they get done. Here is news, every dude survived before they met you, and in most cases, on their own. Most dudes are minimalist, and they do exactly what needs to be done. What "needs" to be done in a womans opinion are things like repainting a room every 2 months, or putting a shower curtain just so, or changing around blinds to curtains.......these things do NOT "need" to be done, they are just demands. Those join the other endless woman unique demands like "I need money to go to starbucks every day/get my hair done every week/buy my 700th pair of shoes" or "You arent wearing that out are you?" or "Guess what, we are going to some stupid wedding/party/get to getter" or "Why do you have that, you dont need it (yet, they absolutely have a use for 600 pairs of shoes/articles of clothing/purses)."
This post right here is why you will never be happy.

Things need to get done. And yes - my husband asks me to do things ALL the time. When he has to travel - I make all his reservations. I pay his union dues. I make all the appointments for everything. I make him his favorite foods when he asks. I take care of most things. And I do it gladly. But there are certain things that he does better than I do and that he doesn't want me to do. He doesn't let me paint because I don't do as good of a job at it. And there are certain things that he has to take care of for his work that I CAN'T do. And he HAS to do them. So when he keeps putting them off - I keep reminding him to do them.

Honestly - you have nobody to blame for your unhappy marriages except for yourself.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,173,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This post right here is why you will never be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Honestly - you have nobody to blame for your unhappy marriages except for yourself.
Did I say I was unhappy? This has nothing to do with that. For your information though, Im very happy with my wife.

The whole issue here is WHY DO WOMEN FILE DIVORCE WAY MORE OFTEN?

My thought is that they are selfish gold diggers who have an endless list of demands they expect to be met, and at some point of them not being met, they file.

Some women will never reach that point, some women dont nag as much, and the rare woman doesnt care much about money and doesnt spend it like water.

Its rarely about the relationship for a woman, while its almost ALWAYS about the relationship to a man.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 AM

29,672 posts, read 34,184,451 times
Quote:
Did I say I was unhappy? This has nothing to do with that. For your information though, Im very happy with my wife.

The whole issue here is WHY DO WOMEN FILE DIVORCE WAY MORE OFTEN?

My thought is that they are selfish gold diggers who have an endless list of demands they expect to be met, and at some point of them not being met, they file.

Some women will never reach that point, some women dont nag as much, and the rare woman doesnt care much about money and doesnt spend it like water.

Its rarely about the relationship for a woman, while its almost ALWAYS about the relationship to a man.
Then how do you respond to the women in this thread who almost to a person said that they filed for divorce because the marriage was over and someone had to, and because their husbands completely checked out of the marriage. Not one of these women said anything about getting money.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
2. Women also lie, particuliarly about finances, since being a spendthrift is in their DNA
Given that you cannot be serious here, does that mean you're not serious about the rest of your post?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:56 AM

36,100 posts, read 30,588,867 times
Quote:
I honestly dont know why men marry. I dont even know why I did either time honestly. I love my current wife dearly, but love doesnt neccessarily mean marriage......maybe its some sort of responsibility thing? Maybe a need for stability?

Thats a really good question.

By the way, I dont know where there would be stats on the average length of marriage nor am I really inclined to search for it, but I can bet you the length of average marriage has fallen drastically, and the number of people with multiple divorces under their belt has risen, that is, people are often only staying a few years until they realize they cant have their every whim met.
I curious as to why your pervious wife(s)? filed for divorce or why you think they did. And also how you would equate stability with nagging, bottomless pits of demand, selfishness, helplessness, needy, spend thrifty and gold digging is a mystery to me.

I think you have just had a bad marriage (s) and have become very bitter. I can certainly relate and after two marriages will never do that again. Although I do see many similarities in the behavior of the men I have had relationships with and men who are just friends or friends of friends or family, I certainly don’t believe all men are the same. I sincerely hope you are able to overcome some the hurt and bitterness you feel.

I agree the length of marriages overall seem to be shorter. I don’t necessarily believe it is primarily because people don’t get their every whim met. I believe there is still much give and take and sacrifice on both sides in a marriage. We just don’t necessarily need one another for survival or success anymore and aren’t will to continue in an unhappy union for until death do us part.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
You have stated all women this negative and all women that negative. Clearly, you don't think highly of your wife because she is a woman.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Link to these studies?
Think men are the unfaithful sex? A study shows WOMEN are the biggest cheats - they're just better at lying about it | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.