Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,188,930 times

Advertisements

if u changed the law, if i got her property, pension, salary, and my debts became hers, it would be reversed. men would file and women would not smile.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM

many posts on abuse,
here is what it looks like---
if a man raises his voice its abuse,
but there is not such thing as abusing a husband,
how u speak to him and treat him is your biz
abusing the husband is normal and appopriate,
just like indian or islamic wife beating.
so cowboy up guys if u r a real man u will just put up with it.
having repeated what i see expressed in these threads, let me repeat myself,
dont marry w/o a prenup.
let your attorney throw that witch out of the house,
let that be your expression of manhood.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:41 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,137,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
A mental illness, I assume. I never majored in health. And you were talking about her husband being abusive.
He's not physically touching her. If that were the case the man would be in jail. He's nasty to her. He yells at her. He gets paranoid delusions and then accuses her of those delusions. He's bat crazy and takes responsibility for nothing. Imo, she stayed with him way too long trying to help him out. I spoke with her last nice. She's contented with the peace and quiet due to him being gone.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,100,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
many posts on abuse,
here is what it looks like
if a man raises his voice its abuse,
but there is not such thing as abusing a husband,
abusing the husband is normal and appopriate,
just like indian or islamic wife beating.
That's not true at all. And I don't think anyone is saying it is. Just because I am trying to convince a bunch of woman haters that all women are not evil, gold digging, cheating, lying, horrible people does not mean that I think we are all sweet, angelic, perfect people. I have known and known of some absolutely horrific women - women that make my blood boil to think about. I also know some horrific men. The difference is that when I hear or come to know a horrible man - I don't then say to myself - ALL MEN ARE EVIL! I know the difference between individual people and an entire gender.

There are women who abuse their husbands - whether it be physically or mentally. There are women who cheat. There are women who marry men for their money. There are some bad women out there. The same exact thing can be said of men. There are quite simply some bad people out there. To claim that all the evil doing in the world is being done by only one gender is so ludicrous that I feel like I have to say something about it. I know it falls on deaf ears - but I can't help feeling that somehow reality will sink in. Oh well.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Men have to be doubtful on some occasions of their wives/girlfriends just to make sure they don't do the same to them.
You've shared that you don't trust your SO. Your relationship, your prerogative. Keep in mind that we all don't hold the same kind of relationships. I think it's a waste of mental energy. I've been cheated on in the past by two ex's. I'm not going to hold my husband responsible for their poor behavior nor will I make him pay for it. Perhaps it just comes down to temperament.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,478,373 times
Quote:

if u changed the law, if i got her property, pension, salary, and my debts became hers,

it would be reversed. men would file and women would not smile.
Yeah, bc women don't earn salaries, have pensions, and men never make debt.

Some would consider it a good trade off, rather than work, grocery shop, cook for him, do his laundry, while he counts pennies.

happiness...something you'll never experience.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yeah, bc women don't earn salaries, have pensions, and men never make debt.

Some would consider it a good trade off, rather than work, grocery shop, cook for him, do his laundry, while he counts pennies.
It's so bizarre. 2:1 if you asked Huck if he prefers traditional women to independent, working, whatever women, he'd choose the former. Just as so many of these guys do. But, then they complain about the idea of having to support these traditional women. I don't get it.

Quote:
happiness...something you'll never experience.
Now that's a truth.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's so bizarre. 2:1 if you asked Huck if he prefers traditional women to independent, working, whatever women, he'd choose the former. Just as so many of these guys do. But, then they complain about the idea of having to support these traditional women. I don't get it.

Now that's a truth.
why not let huck speak for himself instead of telling CDF what he would say if asked? he is of age. tell me do you do that at home?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
why not let huck speak for himself instead of telling CDF what he would say if asked? he is of age. tell me do you do that at home?
Then answer it. Do you prefer a traditional lady or a non-traditional lady?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Then answer it. Do you prefer a traditional lady or a non-traditional lady?
neither. there were things our grandmothers did that were wise and good and fair. that is why we love them. these values need to be retained and practiced. however there were some things very wrong in the past that needed correction, enter the modern woman. what is bad, and has done great damage, is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. many false prophets came out of the 60's. that has harmed us greatly, men and women.
the women i spend my time with are a combination of the good found in old and new. there is good to be found in both.
it is not the woman that is good or bad, it is the false teachings absorbed and practiced, that have done great harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.