Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,137,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
neither. there were things our grandmothers did that were wise and good and fair. that is why we love them. these values need to be retained and practiced. however there were some things very wrong in the past that needed correction, enter the modern woman. what is bad, and has done great damage, is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. many false prophets came out of the 60's. that has harmed us greatly, men and women.
the women i spend my time with are a combination of the good found in old and new. there is good to be found in both.
it is not the woman that is good or bad, it is the false teachings absorbed and practiced, that have done great harm.
I agree with many points here, but what's ultimately bad is some men wanting to dominate women, use women as surrogate mommies, and/or use women to blame for their lacking masculinity which has nothing to do with anybody, but their lazy selves.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He's not physically touching her. If that were the case the man would be in jail. He's nasty to her. He yells at her. He gets paranoid delusions and then accuses her of those delusions. He's bat crazy and takes responsibility for nothing. Imo, she stayed with him way too long trying to help him out. I spoke with her last nice. She's contented with the peace and quiet due to him being gone.
DO you not understand that people with bipolar disorder act crazy, if not properly taken care of by medical staff and medications? How is her running for that reason not selfish and shallow? If she was worth a damn, she would take care of her husband and help him get well, so they can build a life together and not run. SMH

Old 04-13-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
DO you not understand that people with bipolar disorder act crazy, if not properly taken care of by medical staff and medications? How is her running for that reason not selfish and shallow? If she was worth a damn, she would take care of her husband and help him get well, so they can build a life together and not run. SMH
I don't think so. She's been doing this for 5 years. It's up to him to get it together. She's not his mommy. That's what you guys just don't get. You have to grow up. There are segments of this generation of men who just can't get a grip. I wonder if some of you just aren't cut out for the modern world. And lets be clear about something, women en masses are way more inclined to care for husbands when they're in need and men en masse tend to skip out. It's so childish.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
Quote:
I agree with many points here, but what's ultimately bad is some men wanting to dominate women, use women as surrogate mommies, and/or use women to blame for their lacking masculinity which has nothing to do with anybody, but their lazy selves.
the insatiable desire to dominate and control others is animal pure and simple. nothing human about it. this ugly instinct is not male. . women and men both lust for domination and control over others. the aggression of women is expressed differently but it is just as strong.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
the insatiable desire to dominate and control others is animal pure and simple. nothing human about it. this ugly instinct is not male. . women and men both lust for domination and control over others. the aggression of women is expressed differently but it is just as strong.
It's just not actualized. Big difference. Instinct or not, it comes down to choices.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:54 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
Quote:
It's just not actualized. Big difference. Instinct or not, it comes down to choices.
very much actualized but not readily visible accounting for a different style and method. subtle and deadly behavior, at least effective as any man. women fencers took a box full of gold medals at last olympics, there is a reason.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:57 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,287,895 times
Quote:
Listen to Huck, Braun, he may speak metaphorically at times, but he knows the score.

I wonder what kind of marriage you have that at "prime time" for married couples you are able to post in continuity on here, almost nightly, and on one or two threads that interest you, rather than availing yourself of the other interesting topics on CD?

I know you will tell me to mind my own business. Then, if so, you should NOT make assumptions about someone's misery, as you put it, and likewise mind your own business.

The only women who are indignant on here is ones who want the "upper hand" in their marriage, or in a prospective marriage. I can't be convinced otherwise. Thank God my Dad wore the pants! And yes, my traditional immigrant Mom worked.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,478,373 times
Quote:
It's so bizarre. 2:1 if you asked Huck if he prefers traditional women to independent, working, whatever women, he'd choose the former. Just as so many of these guys do. But, then they complain about the idea of having to support these traditional women. I don't get it.

Now that's a truth.
No..he doesn't want you tell him what he thinks or what to say.

Theres method to his madness....

Hes honored in the "Other Topics forum" by moderators on Relationships Forum.

Reputation points, I suspect he gets enough for the negative remarks against women, to make it worth his while....in his mind.

Now.. thats a spectacular achievement.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,587,652 times
Quote:
I don't think so. She's been doing this for 5 years. It's up to him to get it together. She's not his mommy. That's what you guys just don't get. You have to grow up. There are segments of this generation of men who just can't get a grip. I wonder if some of you just aren't cut out for the modern world. And lets be clear about something, women en masses are way more inclined to care for husbands when they're in need and men en masse tend to skip out. It's so childish.
Sorry, i disagree. If you get married and your husband or wife get sick (as in this case), youre supposed to take care of them until they get well. If you decide to run, youre selfish and shallow. SImple as that. It is really a bad reason for ending a marriage, tells me everything i need to know about the person.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I wonder what kind of marriage you have that at "prime time" for married couples you are able to post in continuity on here, almost nightly, and on one or two threads that interest you, rather than availing yourself of the other interesting topics on CD?
Well, you've been here quite a bit lately for a married man yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.