Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,144,339 times

Advertisements

Oh boy!! Another generalization!!! Yayyyyyy

Old 10-14-2008, 08:52 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,075,618 times
Timmy you're always going to get onesided opinions from posters on here, myself included. Always try to walk a bit in the other persons shoes. Don't wait for complaints to come out in arguements, talk, ask, COMMUNICATE, respond well till trust builds and the other feels they can come right out and say what's bothering them then, and not waiting till they're in a councilors office. What generally happens is if she feels she cannot talk to you, then she finds somebody else to tell her woes to, they only hear her side, ALWAYS take her side and continually reinforce her opinion she's getting the short end of it. I use the female example because they talk more about relationship problems to friends. You see it all the time on those courtroom shows, neither of them can believe the judge actually takes his/her side on anything because all their friends agree with them, why can't the judge see how totally right they are and wrong the other is??...BECAUSE THE JUDGE IS HEARING BOTH SIDES FOR ONCE. Only when somebodies got the same complaints over and over w several different partners do aquantances start to realize it's that person whose really got the problems too.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 AM

And remember..women don't discuss their problems with men to have men fix them, they do it to simply share. And men are fixers so this gets them into constant trouble. The only problem a woman discusses with a man she want's him to fix is when it's a problem with HIM that she wants him to fix, like the toilet seat up.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,880,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post
Why is it always Women who File for Divorce?

Doe's anyone here have the answer,or
can some of you ladies give us men some
advice on how to make a marriage work.
Sounds like we need it.
Thats an easy question.

Women file because they have more to gain from a divorce than a man - they get Alimony, child support, half of his assets, etc. The man gets nothing and have to give up a lot.

There is no benefit for men to get married at all. Hopefully, the antiquated divorce laws in the country will be changed to make things much more easier and even.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,568,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Thats an easy question.

Women file because they have more to gain from a divorce than a man - they get Alimony, child support, half of his assets, etc. The man gets nothing and have to give up a lot.

There is no benefit for men to get married at all. Hopefully, the antiquated divorce laws in the country will be changed to make things much more easier and even.
In many ways this is true, especially in the case of child custody.

From the New York Times, July 11, 2000

New Look at Realities of Divorce - New York Times July 11, 2000

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,208,860 times
marriage is a legal event marsquarading as a romantic event.
from the posts i have read on CDF most woman want to get married but most are very dissatisfied with marriage and move on better off after the divorce. women do this because it is working for them and men thus far are willing to pay the price. technically speaking if you want the company of a pretty girl, marriage is not a cost effective way of obtaining it.
to be perfectly cynical, a non live in girl friend to whom you are very generous is a lot better purchase. (lease arrangement as opposed to outright purchase) outright purchase is fraught with warrenty litigation.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,903,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post

I think it's true that the most abusive and controlling men are also the most needy. Only when a woman stands up for herself and says, "I'm leaving", do the men suddenly become clinging and needy, promising the world if only she'll stay. By that point, though, the woman is usually done, and that's it.

I'm generalizing, of course, because not all relationships are like this.

Men only say that to make sure she doesn't come back.

My wife threatened to leave even telling me she went to a divorce lawyer. I responded with a, "There's the door! You don't like it here, leave."

She's been here ever since. Cleaning up alittle in the process.

I should have listened to my Dad. He said,
"You want to get rid of a woman? Tell her you love her and want her to have your babies." He said she'll leave skid marks when leaving the driveway.
"You want her to stay? Smack her around a bit." (Not in a violent way of course)

Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,903,521 times
Why are divorces so expensive?

They are worth it.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Thats an easy question.

And a new favorite line O N L Y spoken by women is...

"Marriage is just a piece of paper"

They say it when you find out they're married.
They say it when they're having home problems with a husband.
I've never heard a guy say it! He may feel that way about his vows, not his wallet.

All this anger toward men after the marriage ends usually is that the SOB MANAGED to get happy or finds he can AFFORD to let her go. My ex absolutely hates me NOW by the way..LOL

Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,011,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
And a new favorite line O N L Y spoken by women is...

I've never heard a guy say it! He may feel that way about his vows, not his wallet.

"Marriage is just a piece of paper"
I don't think so. I've heard it quite a bit coming from guys on the forum.

Quote:
They say it when you find out they're married.
They say it when they're having home problems with a husband.
They also say it when no proposal is realistically in sight (the majority of the cases IMO) or when they refuse to get married for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships