Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,556,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Will you please explain, if you can, what the average 28 year old recent college grad with nothing in savings, but a load of student loan debt should protect in a pre-nup? Most likely you will not explain it. You never do when such questions are asked.

This is what cracks me up. Most guys I talk to about 'protecting their assets' have none. Hell, when me and my ex were throwing around the M word he told me he would require me to sign a prenup to protect himself. I just started laughing because I had more in savings, made more money, had more earnings potential career-wise and owned more assets than he did BY FAR. If anything I should have been the one demanding the prenup!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:19 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is what cracks me up. Most guys I talk to about 'protecting their assets' have none. Hell, when me and my ex were throwing around the M word he told me he would require me to sign a prenup to protect himself. I just started laughing because I had more in savings, made more money, had more earnings potential career-wise and owned more assets than he did BY FAR. If anything I should have been the one demanding the prenup!
trust me the gal with assets will have u sign a prenup she wont think twice to insist. the expense of the restaurant only is an issue if she is paying. when its her money its an entirely different matter. instead of being angry with her we should learn from her, she protects her own interests. guys need to do the same. prenup dont marry w/o it.
btw guys dont start out with money they get that later. women pick winners b4 they win, its a skill that guys should learn.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:20 PM

37,476 posts, read 45,706,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your reasoning, or lack there of, never ceases to dumfound me.
Just exactly how would the person filing be in denial as to why they divorce? And what malicious reasons?

Divorce is like going thru a death, sometimes worse. Its painful, not only for yourself, but it affects other people. Its normally time consuming, drawn out and draining. Not to mention expensive. In the end the only ones that gain financially are the attorneys.
As stated by many, who have actually divorced, the actual divorce comes way after the marriage has ended and you have exhausted all efforts to save the marriage.
Great post 2mares.

I continue to be amazed at these nutty comments by people that are clearly adults.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,132,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Society is blind and won't heed a normal man's word. They'll probably listen to a pink-wearing male though, like Joe Biden or Barack Obama.
Why should they? What exactly do you and your "normal" buddies bring to the table that would cause/even insight folk to listen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I guess we'll see if he'll man-up to the challenge to explain his own words. One thing to keep in mind is that there are many on this forum who believe the 65-75k/yr salary with used honda civic is enough to speak about pre-nups, however idiotic.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
trust me the gal with assets will have u sign a prenup she wont think twice to insist. the expense of the restaurant only is an issue if she is paying. when its her money its an entirely different matter. instead of being angry with her we should learn from her, she protects her own interests. guys need to do the same. prenup dont marry w/o it.
btw guys dont start out with money they get that later. women pick winners b4 they win, its a skill that guys should learn.
Stop lying. Most men...hear this...the vast majority of MEN- do not have a pot to p*ss or a window to throw it out of. Get your head out of the sand for once.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:25 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,276,179 times
Hey Braun, since you answer EVERY post made by some of us (darn, you're thorough), then address post #607 about the BU and Harvard med students, will ya? Sad, but "postal," and in your neck of the woods?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Stop lying. Most men...hear this...the vast majority of MEN- do not have a pot to p*ss or a window to throw it out of. Get your head out of the sand for once.
how is that not true? do u have any idea how many women in college i saw select their future winning horse carefully and with great determination? he was just a young student in college but later became successful and wealthy. the whole idea was to catch a shooting star. women marry up. then they divorce up. makes sense, guys however need to learn from them.
prenup is the correct tool. marriage should leave you better off or the same but not worse.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Hey Braun, since you answer EVERY post made by some of us (darn, you're thorough), then address post #607 about the BU and Harvard med students, will ya? Sad, but "postal," and in your neck of the woods?
I recall starting to read it and I spaced out. I'm not lying here. I'll try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't drink. I ran a thread in "Food" about those who never acquired taste for alcohol. As for what I studied and line of work, office work isn't necessarily bureaucratic. Most work gets carried out in offices, even creative work. I don't think they (doctors) are necessarily special.
Ok, full stop here. Perhaps there is some creative aspects. I really wish you would share. I'm not pulling your leg. I'm genuinely curious and I imagine I could follow along, but perhaps not and that would be even more interesting. As far as docs being special go, meh, I don't want to blow unnecessary smoke up anyone's rump. Maybe if you're a genius (and I'm clearly not) with an unlimited supply of energy it's no big deal. From my perspective? Pre-med alone was a challenge. I don't mean intellectual , creative prowess, to be clear. Medicine isn't really that in my limited experience. The dedication, the commitment- it really wows me.

Quote:
I honestly think about half of them went into it for the money. In fact, about going postal...wasn't the Craigslist dude a BU med student engaged to a pretty med student he was going to marry? And wasn't there a 28+/- yo Hispanic Harvard med student that was in a controlling relationship with an older lady psychiatrist/psychologist who had such control over him that he did himself him, and his family was devastated?
I'm sure we could find numerous examples for every major under the sun, and it doesn't really make a difference. Anecdotal news stories cannot be used to generalize groups. I have no doubt that any profession equally holds crazies from A to Z.

Quote:
I am never unkind to doctors. I just switch...and that's only been twice. I've had two male doctors with whom office visits were like casual conversations. As it should be.
Oh, I have switched as well. One guy I had came off as a real idiot. The double talk he dished out based on his personal bias was clear. Just to be clear, my position IRT physicians is professionally based, not to be confused with a patient relationship or similar.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
how is that not true? do u have any idea how many women in college i saw select their future winning horse carefully and with great determination? he was just a young student in college but later became successful and wealthy. the whole idea was to catch a shooting star. women marry up. then they divorce up. makes sense, guys however need to learn from them.
prenup is the correct tool. marriage should leave you better off or the same but not worse.
I don't really care what you saw as it relates to women en masse. Yzette recently linked an article that women are marrying their professional, social, and financial equals or lower. That's the reality. As I mentioned earlier, man-up and answer the question I posed or get off the pot.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I don't really care what you saw as it relates to women en masse. Yzette recently linked an article that women are marrying their professional, social, and financial equals or lower. That's the reality. As I mentioned earlier, man-up and answer the question I posed or get off the pot.
what has my manhood got to do with this thread. please stop the personal attacks.
yzette is pointing out a trend that is not voluntary. marriage is down 50%, there is a reason, but this can be corrected.
i did respond to your question. the observations were not just mine but those of many. what is true today may have not been true yesterday. however what men do today will determine what happens tomarrow.
for the most part, so far guys get the dirty end of the stick in divorce, yzette assurances that that is no longer the case, is not reassuring, 42 million divorces later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships