Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,287,895 times

Advertisements

66 pages and 3.5 years later from PO, and here we are....
What does this prove?
Marriage sucks.
Divorce sucks even more.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:12 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,139,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What does this prove?
Marriage sucks.
Divorce sucks even more.
For some^22220000pppp

Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,102,033 times
Quote:
What does this prove?
Marriage sucks.
Divorce sucks even more.
Huh? Maybe divorce sucks, and perhaps the marriages that ended in divorce - but I see nothing on this thread that insinuates that marriage sucks.

Instead of advising people to get prenups - we should be advising people to put a lot of thought into making sure they are with the right person. If you don't love someone enough to give up everything you have - you shouldn't marry them in the first place. Some posters like to bring up the fact that a prenup is insurance - and that we all get car insurance so it's just the same thing. It's not the same thing. Marrying someone shouldn't be like buying a car. You buy a car - you expect it to last for a few years, many years if you are lucky. When you get married - you should expect it to last for life. Things don't always work out that way - but that is the mindset you should have going into it. If you can't picture yourself with this person 30 years down the line - it's not the right person. If you wouldn't give up every cent to spend your life with this person - it's not the right person. If you aren't willing to be there through thick and thin, sickness and health, for richer or for poorer - it's not the right person. There are no guarantees in life - but getting married should be something that you are more sure of than anything else you've ever done.

And honestly - it's a darn good thing that divorce exists. Sometimes people make mistakes. That's just how life works.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,480,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You can't answer the question.
Of course not...deflection and flipping the script.
lol

Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,287,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Some posters like to bring up the fact that a prenup is insurance - and that we all get car insurance so it's just the same thing. It's not the same thing. Marrying someone shouldn't be like buying a car. You buy a car - you expect it to last for a few years, many years if you are lucky. When you get married - you should expect it to last for life. Things don't always work out that way
If you are involved in a car accident and there is substantial personal injury, a very unfortunate situation, large sums of money will be involved.

If you are in a marriage that falls apart 10 years into it, and it was going strong at 7 (the "itch"), and there is an income stream and children, large sums of money will be involved.

What's the problem? Most people write estate plans and file them away. People should just write up prenups and file them away, too.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Huh? Maybe divorce sucks, and perhaps the marriages that ended in divorce - but I see nothing on this thread that insinuates that marriage sucks.

Instead of advising people to get prenups - we should be advising people to put a lot of thought into making sure they are with the right person. If you don't love someone enough to give up everything you have - you shouldn't marry them in the first place. Some posters like to bring up the fact that a prenup is insurance - and that we all get car insurance so it's just the same thing. It's not the same thing. Marrying someone shouldn't be like buying a car. You buy a car - you expect it to last for a few years, many years if you are lucky. When you get married - you should expect it to last for life. Things don't always work out that way - but that is the mindset you should have going into it. If you can't picture yourself with this person 30 years down the line - it's not the right person. If you wouldn't give up every cent to spend your life with this person - it's not the right person. If you aren't willing to be there through thick and thin, sickness and health, for richer or for poorer - it's not the right person. There are no guarantees in life - but getting married should be something that you are more sure of than anything else you've ever done.

And honestly - it's a darn good thing that divorce exists. Sometimes people make mistakes. That's just how life works.
is this another if you were real man you would .....- post????
i dont know..
i still think prenup is a good idea. .
getting ripped off in divorce court is not manly.
how is turning all assets over to a woman fair and just? ?
if so, we men need to know that b4 we get married not after.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-14-2012 at 08:14 PM..

Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
If you are involved in a car accident and there is substantial personal injury, a very unfortunate situation, large sums of money will be involved.

If you are in a marriage that falls apart 10 years into it, and it was going strong at 7 (the "itch"), and there is an income stream and children, large sums of money will be involved.

What's the problem? Most people write estate plans and file them away. People should just write up prenups and file them away, too.
Because people are not cars.

Hey - if you want to have a prenup - nobody is stopping you.

I do not view my husband in the same way as I do driving a car. My car is an inanimate object. My husband is the love of my life.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont think so.
prenup dont leave home without it.
who told you turning all assets over to the woman was a right of marriage?
Look buddy - show me where in the heck I said anything about being a real man. Get off your bitter train and look at what I wrote. I didn't even mention genders. My point is that there would be few divorces if people took marriage more seriously. If you are already thinking about divorce - you aren't marrying the right person.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:09 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,480,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont think so.
prenup dont leave home without it.
who told you turning all assets over to the woman was a right of marriage?
Is this copied and pasted?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,034,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You can't answer the question.
Can't blame him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.