Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:01 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
That sure is a surprise considering how a lot of them treat the woman they allegedly love.

Many men marry simply to not be alone or it is what is expected.

When some find out the wife is NOT their slave or W$%^ they tend to not be very happy campers.
ok u r saying high rate of filing by women is bek men treat them like slaves abusive insane devils, dont really love them just married bek they are supposed to, or are just lonely. . they sound like demons to me demons who are enslaving women. sweet talked swept off their feet. fair enough.
how bout letting them do that prenup and back out of a mistake he has made?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-15-2012 at 12:49 AM..

Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,060,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ok u r saying high rate of filing by women is bek men treat them like slaves abusive insane devils, don't really love them just married bek they are supposed to, or are just lonely. . they sound like demons to me demons who are enslaving women. sweet talked swept off their feet. fair enough.
how bout letting them do that prenup and back out of a mistake he has made?

Sometimes ... Sometimes the husband will not admit when it's over because he thinks it makes him look like a failure, sometimes the husband is so stuck in his drug/alcohol haze it doesn't see his own destructive behavior.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 AM

248 posts, read 288,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
This amount of bitterness isn't good for your health Huck, you'll end up having a heart attack.
Bitterness or cold observation?
Look at the stats? Look at history and popular culture! From Cindirella to Pretty Woman womens' dream and goal, with society's approval was to marry up and improve their economical situation. The truth is that historically women have always been trading sexual favours for wealth and security. This has not changed much in XXI century. The only thing that changed is that due to legal and socio-economical changes it is much easier for women to leave marriages and function the society on their own.
My point is that MOST women still chose to marry to improve their situation yet they still act surprised when their marriages fail.
I think our legal system based on a objctive to protect helpless women should change otherwise there will be less and less martiages.
You can marry a lazy girl who spent 10 years of marriage refusing to go to work yet in the end you still owe her 50% of marital wealth.
Thats crazy how divorce can ruin people....

Old 04-15-2012, 06:43 AM

248 posts, read 288,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Marc Anthony just filed for divorce from Jennifer Lopez. My father divorced my mother. My friend's husband divorced her.

There are men that divorce women.
Who files for divorce does not necesseraly indicate who wants out or who is responsible for failure of the marriage. Sometimes filing is the only option left

Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,101,826 times
Thread is closed due to gender bashing and insulting comments. See the sticky..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.