Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:07 PM

461 posts, read 1,447,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah, but....

After work on weekdays, you have soccer practice, violin practice, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, making dinner, doing homework, baths, chores, etc. So by the time the kids get into bed about 9 p.m., you'd pretty much slit your wrist before you'd tackle the grocery store.

We actually try to do most of our grocery shopping once a month at a Costco or Sam's, then buy the milk and bread and other incidentals as we need it. Making out a weekly menu helps a lot, too, both in terms of time and money.
OK. now I'm officially terrified of having children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 02:27 PM

51,956 posts, read 52,386,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katimae View Post
OK. now I'm officially terrified of having children
Yeah, I pretty much avoided having kids just to avoid those kinds of To Do lists.

Having kids can definitely be a challenge at times. Like they say it is the hardest job in the world.

I really respect when parents can find creative ways to make things work.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
After work on weekdays, you have soccer practice, violin practice, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, making dinner, doing homework, baths, chores, etc. So by the time the kids get into bed about 9 p.m., you'd pretty much slit your wrist before you'd tackle the grocery store.
Your activities truly make my head spin, cpg! Guess kids should be had at 20 at the latest! I have hard time keeping up with myself.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:45 PM

11,376 posts, read 24,361,857 times
Sundays are usually the day when I either injure myself by being overly ambitious, or I make a mess. Today I made a mess.

After doing a little light gardening, being very careful not to overdo things, I decided the grass was dry enough to mow. So I hopped on the riding mower and did the front yard, and the middle yard, and I still was feeling feisty so I decided to continue without a break and do the back 40, which I don't often mow.

Bad decision. I rounded the corner and almost immediately ran over a water hose I'd forgotten I'd moved. In what seemed like slow motion I was trying to stop the mower, or raise the pan (and I suck at operating this mower and wreck it more often than normal people do things like this), stop the spinning blade, slow down, turn off the key...something... and I ran over the hose which wrapped around the blades and broke the faucet off below the ground... yep, a mess.

It's all fixed now, three hours later. I'm back in the safety of the sofa and low ambitions for the rest of the evening.

Good bye Sunday.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:57 PM

51,956 posts, read 52,386,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Sundays are usually the day when I either injure myself by being overly ambitious, or I make a mess. Today I made a mess.

After doing a little light gardening, being very careful not to overdo things, I decided the grass was dry enough to mow. So I hopped on the riding mower and did the front yard, and the middle yard, and I still was feeling feisty so I decided to continue without a break and do the back 40, which I don't often mow.

Bad decision. I rounded the corner and almost immediately ran over a water hose I'd forgotten I'd moved. In what seemed like slow motion I was trying to stop the mower, or raise the pan (and I suck at operating this mower and wreck it more often than normal people do things like this), stop the spinning blade, slow down, turn off the key...something... and I ran over the hose which wrapped around the blades and broke the faucet off below the ground... yep, a mess.

It's all fixed now, three hours later. I'm back in the safety of the sofa and low ambitions for the rest of the evening.

Good bye Sunday.
That was a funny story, sorry you had a rough Sunday. Yes, stay on the safety of the sofa, and keep the ambitions low for the rest of the night.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,606,564 times
Sundays suck!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,985,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Sundays suck!
This one does at least...

Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,010,310 times
i know...sundays do suck because of the work factor but that makes up for Friday being so exciting. of course, saturday's are the best. especially, saturday nights!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,142,316 times
Do I like sunday's???!!?? What kinda crazy question is that?! Of course I like sunday's! Everydayyyyy is myyyyy Sundayyyyy lol

Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,444,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like Sundays. Start worrying about work stuff, and all of the other crap you have to deal with during the week.

I never understood why people do some much stuff of Sundays, things like bar b que's, family get togethers. I would rather do those kinds thing on a Saturday, to me there is a much more fun vibe on a Saturday as opposed to Sundays.

So is Sunday the loneliest day of week?
Or is it just me?
I found that actually getting involved in activities on Sunday is a good way to not have to sit there and stew about Monday,although most times I just relax on Sundays now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships