Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:32 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,256,104 times

Advertisements

Where do you leave cousin Bubba?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 01:37 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,565,476 times
Well, living in NC myself my friend and I are single. I'm not thinking about marriage right now until the far future. I don't feel like I have to just to have a man take care of me. My Mom told me and my sister when we were little to take care of ourselves first before we start thinking about having a man.

Still, I'm not avaliable and my sister is in MD.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:45 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,745,547 times
Thanks HowDeDo
35-37 would probably be a good time for me.
Im the last one to put out stereotypes about southern folks or people in the country.
But many people took it that way.My original point was do women in the SE marry..
Younger on average than other region's.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Where do you leave cousin Bubba?
He's in the outhouse. Ate some corn pone las' night that didnt agree wit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Thanks HowDeDo
Im the last one to put out stereotypes about southern folks or people in the country.
But many people took it that way.My original point was do women in the SE marry..
Nope. Not typically. And ( from my own observations) when someone does marry young down here, its specualted as to how long that marriage will last.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 PM

749 posts, read 2,077,503 times
I'm sorry I couldn't hear some of you guys over the crickets and banjos...LOL

Dern tootin'...Southern women are definetely into getting married young as possible, and even the ones who are single, have got at least a few kids to raise. We're talking 22 and already a single, divorced mother of three. Amazing....

Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,429,321 times
Quote:
I was reading another thread that mentioned how hard dating..
Was in the SE US because most girls were married by 18-20.
Is this a rural thing or in medium sized cities as well?
Im a single guy early 30's moving to SC so this would be important..
To me!
Married by 18-20,have a bunch if kids by then,then split up not too long after.
Dating is nice if you don't mind scheduling it after the kids are at grandmas and off to bed

Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,041,949 times
Ok, so I'm going to throw the wrench in this discussion by letting you know that I am from a very prominent part of Atlanta and in my class there were 3 of us who got pregnant before graduation and 2 that got married. That said, most of the young ladies that I know, went to college and met their mates at college, some married high school sweethearts (maybe 10 of them most after college) and there are still plenty of single ones out there.
I do think in the south there is more pressure to get married and have kids by the time you are 30 but only if you are born and raised in the south. There are tons of 'outsiders' who do not bring those same ideals with them so a lot has changed but you will meet some of those hard core southerners.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:32 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,420,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
And some chickens and pigs runnin' 'round, playin wit da younguns whilst da wimmenfolk fix up a mess of grits, jowls and chit'lins for their menfolk.
The menfolk'ses gets pow'ful hongry when day comes in from de fields....

Specially Uncle JimBob. When he hongry and aint got no chewin 'baccy, is gone be a baad day.

He better get some 'baccy quick cuz its his turn to teach the chillin how to spit. The girls need practice if they ever gunna git a man!!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,129,331 times
Quote:
Thanks HowDeDo
awww....how cute are you.....stereotypes will always dissapoint you....there will always be available women no matter where you go.....

Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,003,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
He better get some 'baccy quick cuz its his turn to teach the chillin how to spit. The girls need practice if they ever gunna git a man!!
We's done hid it. He done losted all his teef 'cept one, and we's trying to save the one he got left.
I's been busy meself, done taught dem chillin's to shoot my pa's shotgun. Now, Betty Sue caint shoot right proper, but Cousin Billy Bob can pick a squirrel off the top of a pine tree right quick if you wantcher vittles fast-like.
Betty Sue's a purty thing though. Im sure she can git a man ifn she don't tell nobody that she gradiated elementary school. She bad about puttin on airs...She best hurry up and git that man though...she's already 12 and ifn she dont hurry up she gonna be an old maid...

Im having too much fun with this....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships