Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:36 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The first few dates or weeks or maybe even months it isn't exactly cool to say "now that we are dating time to get that removed"

I already had a dislike of tats but honestly a guys name really is a slap on insult.It is sorta like in conversation constantly saying "well my ex use to do that,or use to be like that".

Would you ladies mind if your guy kept a photo of his ex on your nightstand?
There's no comparison - one is almost permanent - can be removed but extremely painful and scar tissue has been known to occur and maybe a future boyfriend would prefer the tattoo vs. the scar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 04:38 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
A teensy weensy bit off topic, but have any of you heard that tattoo ink has a new additive that makes them easier to be removed?? My son told me he saw it on tv.

Also, if she were to remove the tattoo, there would still be a scar of his name!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:41 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Since I'm a girl, I'm trying to picture the reverse - dating a guy and finally getting around to the fun stuff, only to see some other woman's name tattooed on his groin. Gee, I think that would have been so sexy. And by sexy, I mean, total buzz kill.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:42 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times
Hey... he could always do her from behind... then he'd never see the tattoo... or stop investing in lightbulbs! Ding, ding... problem solved! Now we can move on to some serious relationship problems

Old 10-13-2008, 04:43 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Hey... he could always do her from behind... then he'd never see the tattoo... or stop investing in lightbulbs! Ding, ding... problem solved! Now we can move on to some serious relationship problems

Now that is some true problem solving abilities...

Old 10-13-2008, 04:45 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Since I'm a girl, I'm trying to picture the reverse - dating a guy and finally getting around to the fun stuff, only to see some other woman's name tattooed on his groin. Gee, I think that would have been so sexy. And by sexy, I mean, total buzz kill.

Um... adding anything to the groin area is a turn off. Tatt, piercing...

Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Um... adding anything to the groin area is a turn off. Tatt, piercing...
I'm guessing some guys don't mind some things taken away, vs. adding to.

Old 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM

287 posts, read 897,140 times
Oh Please!! My DH, as well as many others other there, has a tattoo of his ex on his arm. I wouldn't ask him to get rid of it its part of who he is/was. He doesn't cherish it its just there. Tell him to get over it!!

Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by once-upon-chicago View Post
Oh Please!! My DH, as well as many others other there, has a tattoo of his ex on his arm. I wouldn't ask him to get rid of it its part of who he is/was. He doesn't cherish it its just there. Tell him to get over it!!
well it isn't so easy to just get over it.She branded herself as someone elses property and everytime he sees that he is reminded of it.

Personally I prefere NO tatoos period.Do her from behind?Unfortunately the tramp stamp is a prime area for getting tats.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
There's no comparison - one is almost permanent - can be removed but extremely painful and scar tissue has been known to occur and maybe a future boyfriend would prefer the tattoo vs. the scar.
if she can go through the pain of getting it put on for her ex then she can go through the pain of taking it off for her new guy.Or maybe she doesn't love the new guy as much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships