Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 PM

749 posts, read 2,080,197 times

Advertisements

Now I just want to blow off stream about my last relationship of two years. I don't want to bore anybody, as some of these feelings may be familiar to all of us.
We had a two year almost, relationship that seemed to start off great. Despite the twenty year age difference, and other little issues here and there. His min type of strange behavior was being passive-aggressive, manipulative, and hateful and nasty to get his way.
Case in point (I could give you many) One time I didn't answer the phone as it was pouring down rain and I was trying to drive and couldn't get a hold of my cell phone. He left me a nasty voicemail message soonafter. He's verbally abusive, apparently like this with a lot of women, who knows, put me down, insulted me about anything and everything, even in front of his nine year old son. I decided to leave him for this reason, and because he wasn;t willing to make a commitment. He was gone in his job alot, and that was his main priority.
I'd have dreams about him at night after breaking up. I still have a dream about him every now and then where we'd reconcile our differences peacefully.
The last time we spoke was back in March, in which I told him I just wanted to befriends, and he cursed me out and hung up, after I told him I wasn't interested in "starting over".
I still think about him a lot. Smetimes I want to talk to his ex-wife at her job (at a nearby Ingles) and swap stories. Or deliberately go after his work buddies and question them.
I know all of this is stupid and petty and not worth the effort. He was the first person I fell in love with, at 28. Do women just have a harder time letting go? Do your exes still haunt you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
Why in the world did you fall in love with such an irritating loser......seriously I don't understand people that fall for idiots like that. If somebody is manipulative and passive aggressive to me on the first meeting then I automatically exclude them, if they show patterns of that later on then I get confrontational about it and if he don't like it then he gets more of a tongue lashing and we break up.

On the flip side if he was a very good manipulator then I understand perfectly, because you can be sucked in and it is almost like a trap.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
I thought you were just complaining about the stupid guys from the south that you were dating...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM

749 posts, read 2,080,197 times
Sometimes people's bad traits don't reveal themselves too quickly....

Good night everyone...

Old 10-13-2008, 10:56 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,708,201 times
Well...you could try being friends with benefits?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:03 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,778,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well...you could try being friends with benefits?
Sounds like a guy's dream.

When thoughts about the guy come to mind - take a deep breath and say go away. Make an effort to think about something else. Repeat as needed. Good luck. First loves are sweet but a loser is a loser - move on!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 PM

71 posts, read 227,789 times
You said
Sometimes I want to talk to his ex-wife at her job.
Or deliberately go after his work buddies and question them.

DO NOT DO THIS!
You need to move on.Get out there and meet
someone else.You fell in love, so he must have
had some good traits.So you probably need to
find someone with those same traits without
all the abuse.Put it down as a learning experience,
and find the guy you are supposed to be with.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships