Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:28 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

OP posting activity:

Last Activity: 10-15-2008 06:38 PM

Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
*thinks about replying but stays far away from this one*

Old 11-27-2008, 07:43 PM

146 posts, read 437,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoluptuousKisa View Post
I'm a black woman (29) who is interested in dating a white man again, I have always liked them and many will flirt with me but more times than not, it doesn't go any further than friendly chat or a flirty smile. I want more. .
You should try online dating or something. Men on the streets may tend to be shyer or reserved than online. I havent had any trouble meeting guys online.

Online, people are more braver. I know from experience. The type of guys I like, I've met online and I know they'd rarely approach me in person, maybe a bar perhaps. But eventually we do meet in person and have a great time.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
I've never called you poor thing prior to this post (at least not to my knowledge). Anyway, I'm laughing because I used to live in the south and lets just say it's not a region that's the most accommodating to interracial couples. The history of southern US speaks for itself, of course it's better now then 20 years ago but in my experience it's still about 20 years behind the rest of the country. To me the difference between the racism in the south as opposed to the north is that they're a lot more blatant about it. Yes, there are some metropolitan cities in the south that are more progressive but you need to do your research about your future neighborhood. I still go to the south often as a matter of fact I'm going at the end of the month for homecoming. Has it changed since I lived there, yes. But not that much. Go to the Politics forum and look at the comments from the Southerners if you think I'm exaggerating.

All I'm saying to you is do your research, go visit the area and talk to Black People when you get there. I'm not sure where you're going , if you're going to Atl you can disregard everything I've just said. However, if you're not I suggest you go to the state forum here on CD and get the perspective from people who actually live there. I'm telling you this based on MY experience living in the south.
My former boss was a white man married to a black woman. They hardly ever had any problems in my small Alabama town. When they did it was usually from black men asking his wife why she was with "that white dude".

Old 11-27-2008, 10:53 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
SD,

you nailed it. It's really not a race issue,it's a people issue. In this case the issue is with some women.
You bet!!

Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,832 times
wish u all the best gal.I aslo need a white man but who seriously commited himself to God I do.I'VE been in a relationship 3years ago no kid 25yrs,I think is common to date a white.with faith in God i will get one some day.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilelodee View Post
wish u all the best gal.I aslo need a white man but who seriously commited himself to God I do.I'VE been in a relationship 3years ago no kid 25yrs,I think is common to date a white.with faith in God i will get one some day.

OP wrote this back in '08.........I bet she's still looking.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:53 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You want to date White men....in the South?

Coming from a Black girl such as myself I can say this:

Ha! HA! HUH! HEH!...HAHAHA!

Yah. Good luck with that.
DAMN! You took my answer. Seek help before you set out with all the wrong, insulting intention toward some well meaning dude.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
I like white boys

Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlitefromNC View Post

I am also curious as to why she is on the receiving end of so much vitriol. People here have stated far more peculiar tastes in partners and received nowhere near as much ridicule. I know that there is a general propensity towards the simultaneous dissuasion of females' preferences (as they refer to race, height, creed, etc.) while bolstering males' preferences (towards size, age, etc.), but this is ridiculous. This whole thread and the attitudes displayed therein makes me sad.
Right there with ya, honey!! It's not that shocking to me anymore. Certain subjects get dogpiled here. Whaddya gonna do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships