U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 AM

6 posts, read 36,692 times
Default Where are all the single white men that date black women?

I'm a black woman (29) who is interested in dating a white man again, after splitting up with my ex (a black man) after 5 years. I have always liked them and many will flirt with me but more times than not, it doesn't go any further than friendly chat or a flirty smile. I want more. I will be relocating south soon. I'm hoping that I can find a longterm relationship there with an educated, mannerable, southern, white gentleman.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:47 AM

8,525 posts, read 7,494,968 times
LOL...........you must be really upset. First my thread now you create your own thread.

If I were a white guy I would be very suspect of someone like you.

It seems your are upset with you loooooong 5 year relationship with the black guy that did not work out. In another thread you mentioned your boyfriend was a as*hole. It sounds like you think dating a white will solve all of your relationship problems.

Did you think all black guys are as*holes and do you think all white guys are nice, great guys?

If this is not your intent, my appologies but in following your posts this is exactly the message you are conveying.

My experience dating white women has taught me one important thing- white men are no different from black men, generally speaking. Bad apples in every buch. Same holds true for black and white women. Also if you keep getting "burned" by black guys if seems it has more to do with your selection process than anything.

Just to let you know, I manage a mens shelter and many of the men are white, black and hispanic and trust me when I say it ALL of them can be total jerks. Race IS NOT a factor!!!

Please don't think dating a different race is going to be somehow unique, special and different. Once the "newness" fades away, it'll be same stuff different person be it good or bad.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-14-2008 at 01:15 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 AM

12,980 posts, read 17,179,407 times
You told her.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:03 AM

47,933 posts, read 43,389,049 times
gee i dont know.
i see a lot of these posts or those extolling the virtues of black men dating white women (always written by a black man)
why dont i ever see posts on CDF from white guys and white gals wanting to date black people.
i mean if its true that the whites (im not white) are dying to meetcha. why are they not posting?
why is it that black folks keep telling us CDF folks what white folks want? i dont get it.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 AM

8,525 posts, read 7,494,968 times
HB,

your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they are trying to appease to white folks.

The reality of it is, most blacks and whites date WITHIN our own race. ALSO, whites and blacks ARE NOT lined up dying to date eachother, and that's just fine because that's the way things are.

Blacks and whites dating is a very small percentage in the US. Why Do blacks get on a probably a majority white forum and discuss this has always been mind boggling to me. I would think if blacks are having relationship misunderstandings, there are other places to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
gee i dont know.
i see a lot of these posts or those extolling the virtues of black men dating white women (always written by a black man)
why dont i ever see posts on CDF from white guys and white gals wanting to date black people.
i mean if its true that the whites (im not white) are dying to meetcha. why are they not posting?
why is it that black folks keep telling us CDF folks what white folks want? i dont get it.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-14-2008 at 01:36 AM..

Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 AM

6,987 posts, read 12,199,844 times
She should post this on Craigslist instead. lol

Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,449,884 times
You want to date White men....in the South?

Coming from a Black girl such as myself I can say this:

Ha! HA! HUH! HEH!...HAHAHA!

Yah. Good luck with that.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,028,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You want to date White men....in the South?

Coming from a Black girl such as myself I can say this:

Ha! HA! HUH! HEH!...HAHAHA!

Yah. Good luck with that.
You find this a funny ha ha concept or think it's impossible?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:40 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,449,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
You find this a funny ha ha concept or think it's impossible?
Obviously, you've never lived in the SE so you won't understand where I'm coming from. The SE is porbably the most racially-conscious bunch in the country. Maybe you should check out U.S. history on racial stuff in the South as well.

Now, if she actually finds a White guy down here, without rednecks or people of his color getting to him from 40 years ago, that is a miracle.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:42 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,028,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoluptuousKisa View Post
I'm a black woman (29) who is interested in dating a white man again, after splitting up with my ex (a black man) after 5 years. I have always liked them and many will flirt with me but more times than not, it doesn't go any further than friendly chat or a flirty smile. I want more. I will be relocating south soon. I'm hoping that I can find a longterm relationship there with an educated, mannerable, southern, white gentleman.

Quote:
I have always liked them and many will flirt with me
You make em sound like they are some type of rare exotic beings. Personally I've always had a soft spot for West Highland Terriers and one day I'm gonna get me a white one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships