Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,593 times

Advertisements

Okay.. this was suppose to be alot longer but I realize no one would read it, so i'll do my best

I had a girlfriend for about a year, during this time I completely alienated myself from all of my friends (i know.. big mistake) and now they hate me for it.

My girlfriend and I broke up.. now I have no one to go to not even family in my time of need ( i'm not close enough with them to express my feelings with them it's pretty awkard and i'd rather not) this makes me want to hold on to my relationship for the reason of not wanting to end up stranded and alone with no one to go to.

Wednesday she's coming to pick up her things and say her final goodbye and I've never been more scared because I'm saying goodbye to her forever.. It's hard to let go of someone that's been your lifefor a year and now to have no one.

Most of all i'm afraid to let her go and to move on because in reality she really was my everything for about a year.. and i mean everything, and now that she's gone i'm asking my self "what do i do.." i'm stranded with no one to turn to and it already has made this process already harder than it should be. Also i've been going crazy over what shes doing, whos she hanging out with, if shes okay those type of things.. i'm worried about how that's going to affect myself from moving on as well as everything around me in my house reminding me of her and everytime i see something i cringe with pain

I don't know if any of this makes sense to any of you, but I needed to somehow talk to someone that's went through this or knows people maybe in the same situation

Last edited by npaml; 10-14-2008 at 02:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,835,435 times
Gosh....how old are you, where do you live and into what job ?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,277,183 times
Dude, make new friends. I bet once you start going out and meeting new faces you'll forget about her in no time.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,641,572 times
Call up some people you lost contact with and go out. Visit your family more often, just to visit, you don't have to discuss your break up. Being around other people helps to get over a break up and limit your time sitting home alone because that will make it worse. Getting out meeting people and just being around friends will make a huge difference. You'll be fine, it just doesn't seem like it right now. I've been there. Do not sit home and dwell on it. Stay busy.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,487,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaml View Post
Okay.. this was suppose to be alot longer but I realize no one would read it, so i'll do my best

I had a girlfriend for about a year, during this time I completely alienated myself from all of my friends (i know.. big mistake) and now they hate me for it.

My girlfriend and I broke up.. now I have no one to go to not even family in my time of need ( i'm not close enough with them to express my feelings with them it's pretty awkard and i'd rather not) this makes me want to hold on to my relationship for the reason of not wanting to end up stranded and alone with no one to go to.

Wednesday she's coming to pick up her things and say her final goodbye and I've never been more scared because I'm saying goodbye to her forever.. It's hard to let go of someone that's been your lifefor a year and now to have no one.

Most of all i'm afraid to let her go and to move on because in reality she really was my everything for about a year.. and i mean everything, and now that she's gone i'm asking my self "what do i do.." i'm stranded with no one to turn to and it already has made this process already harder than it should be. Also i've been going crazy over what shes doing, whos she hanging out with, if shes okay those type of things.. i'm worried about how that's going to affect myself from moving on as well as everything around me in my house reminding me of her and everytime i see something i cringe with pain

I don't know if any of this makes sense to any of you, but I needed to somehow talk to someone that's went through this or knows people maybe in the same situation
You might be surprised if you go back to your friends with hat in hand.
I gave up my friends for a guy once....only once.
When it didn't work out, I showed up on one of their doorsteps and they took me in.

Unless you have toxic friends, you should never have to give them up for a gf/bf.

Get busy with other things. You won't feel better over night but eventually, you'll see that she wasn't the right one for you.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,005,523 times
Can you leave the key somewhere so you can be gone when she comes? Call your friends and apologize for what happened. Maybe when she's there you can have coffee or dinner with a family member? Or maybe go hang out at the library or bookstore?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:17 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,327,692 times
suck it up and be a man.So you lost her,it happens,get drunk,get sober move on.Go look in the mirror and discover your best friend.

Im thinking maybe part of the reason she is bailing on you is because you were spineless and posessive.

And your friends,well if they are true they will take you back regardless unless you were a complete dick to them.

Welcome to life

Old 10-14-2008, 07:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,975,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Dude, make new friends.
Why don't you try it some time when being in this state of mind...?

Well, OP, I think you should make at attempt to get in touch with your friends even if your tail is between your legs. If they're your true friends they'll understand. We all have been there at one time or another.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,437,223 times
I think I see a pattern here--
sympathy from the ladies
get a fu**in life from the guys
to the OP--learn from this. Dont be so possessive. It scares people.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,776,734 times
You must be a very YOUNG man.

Quote:
now I have no one to go to not even family in my time of need ( i'm not close enough with them to express my feelings with them it's pretty awkard and i'd rather not)
You didn't have a very good relationship with your family, anyway, from this description...if you can't even express your feelings around them. Not much of a loss.

Quote:
i'm stranded with no one to turn to
You make it sound like you're in the middle of the ocean in a rubber raft - "stranded?" Man, we are ALL stranded. All of us are "alone," ultimately.....we LIVE and we DIE alone. That's the way life is. The trick is, when you REALIZE this, you can stand up, grow up, and be a man. Grow up. You don't need your family to run to --- likely as not, they would gossip about you anyway....stand up on your hindlegs, respect yo damned self and be a man.

Self-respect if what you need....not approval from others.

If you want your girlfriend, then fight for her, dammit. If not, then move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships