Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times

Advertisements

lol I know what you mean about it all sounding the same; however, what do you mean by "half of the women (usually the prey) work in the health care or education?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not surprised at all! If you go on an NPD board, probably more than half of the women (usually the prey) work in health care or education. It's a curse having these traits. The men's professions are quite repetitive, too - engineers, lawyers, firefighters, cops, any other military or law enforcement position.

I've frankly given up on personality disorders. Every book describing male/female relations sounds the same, no matter what terms are being used. Whether you call it NPD/BPD, vampire/victim, or man/woman doesn't make much of a difference to me anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,651,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol I know what you mean about it all sounding the same; however, what do you mean by "half of the women (usually the prey) work in the health care or education?"
I guess what she's saying is that same nurturing, caregiver gene (curse!) many women have that make them want to grow up and be teachers and nurses so they can help people also makes them want to take care of loser men in the hopes that they can "fix" them. Thank God I was passed over the day he was handing those tendencies out. Apparently I was standing in line with all the other rational, skeptical, pragmatic b****es instead.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
Well I haven't seen that. I find most women to be far from "caretaking" and "nurturing" in the education field ......they are in fact mostly callous and cold and start upheavals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I guess what she's saying is that same nurturing, caregiver gene (curse!) many women have that make them want to grow up and be teachers and nurses so they can help people also makes them want to take care of loser men in the hopes that they can "fix" them. Thank God I was passed over the day he was handing those tendencies out. Apparently I was standing in line with all the other rational, skeptical, pragmatic b****es instead.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
I am currently dating someone who lives in a shelter and I do not live in a shelter myself. You could very well end up in a shelter yourselves, it could happen to anyone, you pathetic delusional hegemonic cowards.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
Hang on, let me guess, did you just graduate from the Dale Carnegie course "How to Win Friends and Influence People"?????

This thread was a JOKE!

Nice first post, I must say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germane View Post
I am currently dating someone who lives in a shelter and I do not live in a shelter myself. You could very well end up in a shelter yourselves, it could happen to anyone, you pathetic delusional hegemonic cowards.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:48 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,391,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The reason why I ask because many of the guys that live in the shelter that I manage have girlfriends. I just want to know how do you manage to have a successful relationship..........?
I would feel compassion towards them but nothing romantic.

Don't a lot of people that live in shelters, and I could be wrong on this, have drug related issues that put them there in the first place ?

Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,211,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The reason why I ask because many of the guys that live in the shelter that I manage have girlfriends. I just want to know how do you manage to have a successful relationship..........?
I don't know if I said no before, but just in case I forgot...........NO.

I mean, cause that is what I need, a no job having, possibly drug addicted and diagnosed with crap that requires medication with me. I need this like I need another hole in my head. I don't think so. I think I'm all good.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,198,510 times
No way. That dude needs to focus on other things than getting laid if he is in a shelter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships