Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

I prefer the term free loader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
gold-digger

That guy in "pursuit of happiness" lived in a shelter for awhile and I bet he's a pretty good guy. He probably didn't have a lot of time for dating though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 04:25 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It depends on where it is. Like say, it's a shelter on skid row in downtown Los Angeles, I probably wouldn't date him. Now, if he lives in a shelter in Beverly Hills, that's a definite maybe!
No you didn't say that

Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
I knew a man a few years ago who was homeless and had a real girlfriend who wasn't homeless. Actually, he had it together more than some of us. He was a Vietnam Vet who had an established campsite on the edge of town. He'd been camping there for a number of years.

Anyhow, he had a job watching a construction site at night, had a garden, a solar shower, and most of the necessities of life. He just didn't want to deal with other complexities most of us take for granted.

He would go shopping at the local grocery with his GF, they'd walk quite cozily around town, lots of of us were acquainted with both of them. I don't know where she lived but she wasn't a complete disaster. He was a pretty nice guy. Not too crazy and not the least bit dangerous, from what I could tell.

I lost track of them a few years back, but they were quite the topic around town.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I knew a man a few years ago who was homeless and had a real girlfriend who wasn't homeless. Actually, he had it together more than some of us. He was a Vietnam Vet who had an established campsite on the edge of town. He'd been camping there for a number of years.

Anyhow, he had a job watching a construction site at night, had a garden, a solar shower, and most of the necessities of life. He just didn't want to deal with other complexities most of us take for granted.

He would go shopping at the local grocery with his GF, they'd walk quite cozily around town, lots of of us were acquainted with both of them. I don't know where she lived but she wasn't a complete disaster. He was a pretty nice guy. Not too crazy and not the least bit dangerous, from what I could tell.

I lost track of them a few years back, but they were quite the topic around town.

I think I rented this movie off Net Flix last week. It's called Drillbit Taylor.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
They made a movie about them? Wow. It wouldn't surprise me.

edit: just wiki'ed it. Not the same guy, sorry.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:02 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
You'd be surprised who ends up in shelters some times. Life can deal people blows they never imagined.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
The reason why I ask because many of the guys that live in the shelter that I manage have girlfriends. I just want to know how do you manage to have a successful relationship..........?
Stock market keeps going the way it is the shelter guys might be a catch!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Stock market keeps going the way it is the shelter guys might be a catch!
In that case, I'm gonna start looking - immediately. I get off work in an hour and a half. Where's the nearest shelter???

Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
In that case, I'm gonna start looking - immediately. I get off work in an hour and a half. Where's the nearest shelter???
I posted that like 50 seconds ago! AND IT ALREADY GOT A RESPONCE??? thread stalker? roflmao

Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I posted that like 50 seconds ago! AND IT ALREADY GOT A RESPONCE??? thread stalker? roflmao
I'm totally bored outta my flippin' mind!!! Can you tell??? I'm just looking for something to respond to. LOL

I hate having to look like I'm so busy when in reality I have nothing to do. It sucks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships