Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:16 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,071,659 times

Advertisements

what ever happened to losing friends and making new ones? Why do we try to settle into "kliks" so much?

I had this situation happen to me..

This guy was chummy to me at first and we see each other all the time. He asked me if i had any work let him know. So I did and It was onl loading up my truck three times and running it about 3 miles away allthree trips took an hour and a half total and i paid this snot $40, and he said "that's it?" Now he doesn't work, and just hangs around all day long. It's a small truck to and i've hired ten other guys for small jobs like that and they all love me because i pay like $25 an hour. So i stopped talking to the little jerk. End of problem in my book.

He was clueless why doesn't pat talk to me anymore? He actually confronted me and thats when i informed him that i simply didn't want anything to do with him anymore. No i don't hate him, no i don't lose sleep over it. He was amazed, because in his mind we HAVE TO RESOLVE THIS. WE MUST BE FRIENDS! Because we are in the same arena daily I guess is his reasoning. Here he insults me, and I'm supposed to accept his half azzed apology and let him do it, i must accept him because we're going to have to be friends..NO WE'RE NOT. Where in the world is it written that you must choose a certain ammount of people and endure their crap? Even the other guy mentioned 6 outa ten, ok grab the next ten find out which four you like and befriend them, eliminate the other 6! Walla four new ones, 6 non headaches. Why is it so hard to DEMAND TO BE TREATED AS WELL AS YOU WANT AND ARE WILLING TO TREAT BACK, OR MOVE ON?

I confess I used to be a people pleaser, treat me bad and get all my attention because I had to have a full set. Now I don't and I have ten times more friends than I did when I tried for them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,812,823 times
calm down dude...it is just a simple little discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
what ever happened to losing friends and making new ones? Why do we try to settle into "kliks" so much?

I had this situation happen to me..

This guy was chummy to me at first and we see each other all the time. He asked me if i had any work let him know. So I did and It was onl loading up my truck three times and running it about 3 miles away allthree trips took an hour and a half total and i paid this snot $40, and he said "that's it?" Now he doesn't work, and just hangs around all day long. It's a small truck to and i've hired ten other guys for small jobs like that and they all love me because i pay like $25 an hour. So i stopped talking to the little jerk. End of problem in my book.

He was clueless why doesn't pat talk to me anymore? He actually confronted me and thats when i informed him that i simply didn't want anything to do with him anymore. No i don't hate him, no i don't lose sleep over it. He was amazed, because in his mind we HAVE TO RESOLVE THIS. WE MUST BE FRIENDS! Because we are in the same arena daily I guess is his reasoning. Here he insults me, and I'm supposed to accept his half azzed apology and let him do it, i must accept him because we're going to have to be friends..NO WE'RE NOT. Where in the world is it written that you must choose a certain ammount of people and endure their crap? Even the other guy mentioned 6 outa ten, ok grab the next ten find out which four you like and befriend them, eliminate the other 6! Walla four new ones, 6 non headaches. Why is it so hard to DEMAND TO BE TREATED AS WELL AS YOU WANT AND ARE WILLING TO TREAT BACK, OR MOVE ON?

I confess I used to be a people pleaser, treat me bad and get all my attention because I had to have a full set. Now I don't and I have ten times more friends than I did when I tried for them all.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
miu

17,762 posts, read 40,025,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
This post isn;t about just man/woman relationship stuff....it is about PEOPLE as a whole and why they are so closed off? I am SO tired of sticking my neck out to be friends with people and getting nothing back from them but crap!I am just so fed UP! When are people going to wake up and see me for the gem I am? I deserve to be around quality people and I get nothing in return! I wonder if the economy is making people this way? Is that possible? I've just called five poeple to talk and left five messages and got no answers! It ain't me trust me on this one!
You started this thread at 7:06 pm. Maybe all these people were either still on their way home from work or eating dinner. Not everyone answers every single incoming call. And I know with my boyfriend that when he first gets home from work, he likes some quiet time to decompress from the work and the congested drive home. I think that trying to call people up in this time period is not very considerate.

I don't think that it's the economy, but I do think that everyone is burning out of being so connected to everyone else by their electronic gadgets 24/7.

BTW what did you want to talk to these five people about? Was it to vent? Could it be that you tend to call people up to talk about your issues and forget to ask them sincerely how they are doing?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM

Well so far it doesn't sound like you guys are talking about friends but people who hate being around you, and talking to you but of course its ALL THEM, not you.

It's 12:40 here, i can think of 10 people i can call right now and they'll answer. I can think of hundreds who won't or will say what the hell Are you doing calling me. If i choose to call anybody it'll be one of those 10

Old 10-15-2008, 11:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,937,233 times
Quote:
It's 12:40 here, i can think of 10 people i can call right now and they'll answer.
Your friends must be some friendly bunch. Nobody can call me after I go to bed. I mean, they can... but all ringers are turned off.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 PM

a buncha my friends are up we're vampires! Wednesday night is the beginning of our activities that go on till saterday nights. We're forming a band, i want to be a late blooming rock star. I'm sitting here learning to sing alice in chains tunes.

and the young rappers are all saying we should learn rap cause the chicks dig it.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
read your profile. very very good. i dont think its you.
the disconnect factor is muy high.
social anorexia is at an all time high.
that 9 inch plastic bubble many find themselves trapped in.
virtual community hangs in there bek reality is not working well for people.
been lied cheated and stolen from once too many times.
one too many terrible misunderstandings.
sorry did not explain or solve it
just another wolf sitting on his haunches howling at the moon with you.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 AM

And i'm explaining to this young man that eventually I'd like to settle down with a girl who actually remembers dick nixon as president. And he said I'm now doomed to be a playa fo-ever

Old 10-16-2008, 12:04 AM

Dude you are seriously bragging and boasting and we do not appreciate that.

Here at C-D forums we appreciate concern and sympathy for those that aren't as blessed and lucky as you are......

Quote:
a buncha my friends are up we're vampires! Wednesday night is the beginning of our activities that go on till saterday nights. We're forming a band, i want to be a late blooming rock star. I'm sitting here learning to sing alice in chains tunes.

and the young rappers are all saying we should learn rap cause the chicks dig it.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 AM

My friend called me last weekend after midnight after I'd fallen asleep wondering if I could go out and party with him........LOL...he is lucky I didn't answer the phone and screech at him like an enraged gay banshee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Your friends must be some friendly bunch. Nobody can call me after I go to bed. I mean, they can... but all ringers are turned off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships