Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:41 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,355,296 times

Advertisements

Well winter will be kicking in soon and in many areas people will be pulling out the sweaters during the day and flannels at night. I just wondered who dreads it partially because of getting zapped all the time or their hair getting all funky because of the static electricity.
The worst place I've ever lived for it was Colorado, at night I remember my wifes night gown would glow like a light bulb when she walked across the rug, the dogs lip would curl if she came near him...lol

I got thinking about this when on the news they said make sure you ground yourself out before pumping gas, they showed someone pumping gas and then they exploded like something off the Final Destination movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,272,471 times
I bought an anti-static spray. It works pretty good, I used to hate getting out of my car and try to close the door without getting shocked. Not anymore.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I bought an anti-static spray. It works pretty good, I used to hate getting out of my car and try to close the door without getting shocked. Not anymore.
Yeah, I think its worse in areas where its real dry. Is the anti-static spray more or less water?...never tried it.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,272,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Yeah, I think its worse in areas where its real dry. Is the anti-static spray more or less water?...never tried it.

I got it as a gift from an exgirlfriend. I'll find out where she got it from and PM you.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:31 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,136,802 times
Quote:
Well winter will be kicking in soon and in many areas people will be pulling out the sweaters during the day and flannels at night. I just wondered who dreads it partially because of getting zapped all the time or their hair getting all funky because of the static electricity.
The worst place I've ever lived for it was Colorado, at night I remember my wifes night gown would glow like a light bulb when she walked across the rug, the dogs lip would curl if she came near him...lol

I got thinking about this when on the news they said make sure you ground yourself out before pumping gas, they showed someone pumping gas and then they exploded like something off the Final Destination movies.
hahaha.....that's crazy you mention this....I'm in Az and yesterday I had a knee length dress on with my......I call them hooker boots ....and OMG my dress was static stuck to me all freekin' day........soooo annoying....

Old 10-16-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
hahaha.....that's crazy you mention this....I'm in Az and yesterday I had a knee length dress on with my......I call them hooker boots ....and OMG my dress was static stuck to me all freekin' day........soooo annoying....
lol.....Picturing some large cowboy picking you up, rubbing you on his shirt and sticking you to the wall.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:03 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,136,802 times
Quote:
lol.....Picturing some large cowboy picking you up, rubbing you on his shirt and sticking you to the wall.
Huh.....was he cute??

Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Huh.....was he cute??
But of course

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,609,644 times
Quote:

I had to laugh while reading this posting. I don't know why and maybe it's more me than my area, but come winter time, I'm SO staticy!! My hair sticks to everything, my clothes are staticy too, everything is so dry. I use lotions, fabric softener, drink lots of water, nothing helps in the winter. When I hear the first ZAP! I know I'm in trouble! I'm always paranoid about the gas tank thing too, you know they have warnings on the side of the gas pump anyway. I always touch the car before touching the gas cap LOL I'm so retarded!!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,566,846 times
I'm very apprehensive when it comes of wearing wool, fleece especially. Let's not forget the upholstry in the car that helps triggers whatever I wear anyway!

Dang! I always check the metal doorknobs and handles at the job to make sure I don't get fried for the past several months! It's natural for me!

Oh! Oh! I got cats! And one of them is sweet and cute that she couldn't help but rub her fur on my non-demin pants! Oh yeah, static clean clothes.

Boom!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships