U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 AM

6,530 posts, read 9,229,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yep there you go huck, lots of kindness out there all you gota do is open up a little. thanks for sharing.
You're being a tad defensive.... I don't think anyone's trying to crack on you here...

Honest advice though is rather than consciously trying to flirt with anyone specific, just try to be outgoing and fun in general and if you get that right you'll get people gravitating toward you....

It's easier than targeting anyone specific...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 08:02 AM

21,901 posts, read 28,768,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
im not like you. i am terrible with women. my few pathetic attempts to even ask for an innocent coffee date with someone in church whom i have known for years resulted in a strong negative reaction. i felt so ashamed for offending her. i can't believe that simple and low level interest could make someone feel so violated. it seems at times that any interest by me towards the opposite sex is considered inappropriate behavior. other than that life is ok. here kitty kitty.
Sometimes a person becomes so accustomed to insults that when you do say something nice to them, they respond poorly.

So at times you fall into the role of instructing.

I say something nice to you, and you can respond with either:
1- something nice in return,
2- or simply "Thank you".

I fully understand how being nice to folks may be considered as 'inappropriate'.

Just try not to drool. And never say: "My goodness you have huge hooters".

Direct comments about a females' body parts can get you into legal problems. Being listed as a 'sex offender' is really bad. So generally avoid comments about body parts.

I have found that compliments about a female's eyes, usually can be done, without being thought sexual.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:58 PM

2,383 posts, read 4,116,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Full of crap, for saying that you are sweet?

I did not say that you are drop dead gorgeous. I simply complemented you on how sweet you were.

How does that make me full of crap?

When you recieve a complement, you say: "Thank you"
Well, the drop dead gorgeous comment would have been nice!
Sweet is not usually a word used to define me!
But...THANK YOU!!

Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Sometimes a person becomes so accustomed to insults that when you do say something nice to them, they respond poorly.

So at times you fall into the role of instructing.

I say something nice to you, and you can respond with either:
1- something nice in return,
2- or simply "Thank you".

I fully understand how being nice to folks may be considered as 'inappropriate'.

Just try not to drool. And never say: "My goodness you have huge hooters".

Direct comments about a females' body parts can get you into legal problems. Being listed as a 'sex offender' is really bad. So generally avoid comments about body parts.

I have found that compliments about a female's eyes, usually can be done, without being thought sexual.
OMG!!! LOL!!!
The huge hooters comment is cracking me up!!! It's so funny because men really do say things like that. Thanks for the laugh!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM

21,901 posts, read 28,768,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Well, the drop dead gorgeous comment would have been nice!
Sweet is not usually a word used to define me!
But...THANK YOU!!

Having never seen you in person, I would have thought that by saying you are drop dead gorgeous would have been too much.

Now were we to meet, and I had the chance to soak in the radiance of your beauty; then it would be more appropriate to speak of how gorgeous you are.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:39 AM

3,874 posts, read 3,667,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Do you flirt with people of the opposite sex or in Artys case, the same sex?

And are you good at it?

I would describe myself as a guy that does well with women as far as being able to get a date, but I am not good when it comes to flirting with women in public, especially when they initiate it.

No,I don't want advice in this thread on how to respond back I just want to hear your thoughts.

If you have good advice just DM me........
Ya know, I used to be good at this flirting thing and would flirt all the time. I don't know if it's because I'm older or have been with my husband for a while or if I'm just weird but I just can't do it anymore and don't have a desire to. Now if I see an attractive person and they try to talk to me I can't even bring myself to make eye contact and I avoid them like the plague. It's very strange.......

Old 10-18-2008, 09:28 AM

4,153 posts, read 5,553,856 times
As a teen I made some vain attempts at flirting.
Once I stared at a girl I digged. (thought you have

Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM

1,123 posts, read 126,607 times
Some people mistake my smiling when they talk and eye contact as flirting. But most know it's just my personality. Luckily my husband is the same way. Kinda goes with his line of work. We both enjoy being social people.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:49 AM

7,250 posts, read 6,705,744 times
Me? Flirt?

Never.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana_901 View Post
Some people mistake my smiling when they talk and eye contact as flirting. But most know it's just my personality. Luckily my husband is the same way. Kinda goes with his line of work. We both enjoy being social people.
This is a common mistake that men presume about women. It's funny that you mentioned it becuase I know several guys that if you simply smile at them and interact they take it as flirting but for me sometimes it's flirting and other times I am simply just being myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships