Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,278,495 times

Advertisements

I do not flirt with women BUT I am going to conduct an experiment and start doing it just to see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 05:45 AM

37,474 posts, read 45,706,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Last weekend I attended a luncheon, a group of folks from CD got together in a nearby city at a nice restaurant. Both myself and my Dw attended this luncheon.

One of the ladies there hugged me when she arrived.

We all had a nice lunch and it was great to meet more of the CD posters.

Later, here on CD this lady apologized for hugging me, in my Dw's presence [this lady thought that she was being too forward].

Now who was harmed?
I wouldn't consider that "flirting", but simply a normal greeting for that particular situation - you are meeting someone that you sort of already know. Now if she gave you a "look", that changes things.

I'm shy with strangers...I think guys see me as "stand-offish", or maybe even a bit stuck-up...but I'm far from it. I just hate someone catching me looking - I get completely embarrassed. I know I shouldn't - I should smile, or flirt a bit - I just have a hard time doing that. Now flirting with someone I KNOW, totally different. Easy and yep I do THAT all the time.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:42 AM

3,972 posts, read 7,673,332 times
yes, I definately like to flirt with guys. but I prefer to do more sublte flirting, more like playful teasing, rather than clever lines, etc. and I like to touch, as in a slight brush of my hand against his arm, or leg if we're sitting close.
seems to work?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Do you flirt with people of the opposite sex or in Artys case, the same sex?

And are you good at it?

I would describe myself as a guy that does well with women as far as being able to get a date, but I am not good when it comes to flirting with women in public, especially when they initiate it.

No,I don't want advice in this thread on how to respond back I just want to hear your thoughts.

If you have good advice just DM me........

Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,838,729 times
These days I am flirting with french guys on my space..They accept me but don't reply again .So I don't know If I am good at it or not?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:20 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,542,364 times
I don't flirt unless I've had WAY too much to drink...and I tend not to drink at all.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,701,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
These days I am flirting with french guys on my space..They accept me but don't reply again .So I don't know If I am good at it or not?
Myspace blows. People will hardly ever reply back to you. I got rid of my myspace. Got so tired of it.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:16 PM

2,437 posts, read 6,994,992 times
Where does flirting get you??

oh heck I must be old as heck to even ask that stupid of a question !! LOL

Old 11-28-2008, 07:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,837,519 times
If they don't reply again that means you completed offended them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships