Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,533 times

Advertisements

I'll start by saying that I'm 16 and in high school. The reason I'm posting my question on a random forum is because I would really like to get some thoughts and opinions from people and I've already discussed this with my close friends but their answer was, "Just try not to analyze things to much" which is a wise remark and I probably should do that but I just need some confirmation to my own thoughts about my situation. Sorry in advance that it's so long!

The summer before my freshman year of high school I moved from a private school to a public school because of how "cool" public high school life sounded. It wasn't a very smart decision. For my entire freshman and sophomore years, I basically acted very stuck up to all the guys at the school and on various occasions would state to people that "I would never date a guy from my school". I should just mention also that I went through a phase for those two years too where my self-esteem was terribly low and all I wanted was to be one of the popular phases. Also, during those two years guys rarely ever flirted with me let alone even look at me. It was as if I was dead to guys.

The summer before my junior year I had an incredible experience that completely changed me for the better. I get back to school and on the first day, there was this huge change. First of all, apparently from what the other girls told me all the guys suddenly thought that I had become extremely hot - even though all the girls thought I looked the same, just less tan. I didn't have to get told this thought because I can verify that I have never been flirted with and stared at so much in my life. Some guys even thought that this was my first year at the school. It should be mentioned that I was also and still am much more open, friendly, and at times flirty.

Here's my question though. Guys are never very forward with me. They never try anything with me or heavily show interest besides just flirting. When I'm the one that first shows interest (like I ask them to hang out) then they're completely on board for whatever is going on but they're never the ones to intiate it.

It should be said also that I'm a little different from many girls at my school. The majority are - to be blunt - easy. The guy says bend over and they immediately bend over.

I'm not easy - not a prude but not easy. I'm independent, voice my opinion, am not predictable (not as in a loose cannon but as in my reaction to a cause isn't a sure thing) and don't hide my intelligence (I used to play dumb, bad decision). I know who I am and what I want out of life. I guess you could say that I have my **** together.

These guys are always really friendly to me and we all hang out but is the reason they never try anything with me because they respect me? Or is it because they're a little intimidated and are walking on pins and needles around me? Is it because they're just not interested - plain and simple?

Eeek, I hope I'm not coming across as "All these guys secretly want to do me" because that's not what is in my mind. There's just a particular guy I like who falls in this category and I'm not sure whether I should show interest or wait for him to.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:52 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,225,158 times
I may be wrong. I have been before. Your not 16.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:57 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,468 times
Closed temporarily for Mod review...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships