Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times

Advertisements

I think it was the looks of the people that we liked most of all. They all, even back then, made their mistakes and whatnot. Hey, you wanna break up my fantasy about Maureen O'Hara?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 09:06 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Of course it was their looks! We did not have the 24 hour media picking them apart...they allowed them their privacy and untarnished images.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Can't we have our fantasies.
Sorry, Chow...

Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM

5 posts, read 8,158 times
Here where I live I would say its 50/50. Meaning 50% of the time a guy will hold the door for me. My hubby is a true southern gent! He has always opened the door for me, opened the car door for me and put me in the car first, love it!

Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM

943 posts, read 3,334,830 times
It's pretty much dead and gone up here. Down South not so much.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
That's because rudeness has replaced chivalry. Any woman who does not appreciate simple acts that were once considered romantic and chivalrous is just plain rude and that is becoming more and more common now days because most women have forgotten their manners, yet at the same time they want to be considered as ladies.

If they want to be considered as ladies, then they will act as ladies otherwise just treat them exactly like a man. Right down to the very last little detail. If they want to act like a man, then that is how they will be treated so they have no cause to complain about typical things that men might say and do because they have chosen not to act as women.

Being a woman does not automatically make you a lady. If you want the title of lady then you will act like a lady and that is all there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
Any chivalry I had has been eroded by the female of the species. They all seem to be cold, heartless and superior to mankind. I think women only allow a door to be held for them by their beau or whatever you call it. If I am not a beau, I get strange looks like she saying, "My man does this, but this guy isn't my man".

Old 11-02-2008, 12:28 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
My mom has said the modern liberal feminist movement has ruined a lot of things in society and it appears men today are kind of at a loss.

A number of years ago I got fed up with the modern American snooty woman and stopped being polite. I'm not a "nice" guy, but I am a gentleman and couldn't live with being such a prick to people. So you know what? If a lady needs a door opened or something off the shelf, I don't make a big production out of it, I just kindly do it. If they appreciate it, fine, if not fine. If they act like they have a stick up their butt and sneer, I just stick my tongue out at them or mock them back.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:10 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,039,889 times
If women wanted to be treated as ladies then they shouldn't start brawling outside the locals on a Friday night. You should see then on the pavements, throwing up everywhere and telling the coppers to F off. Disgusting.

And to add insult to injury, the real ladies of the world are older and are still dying off.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:30 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
I was in New York recently on a business trip. Living in the South, those little courtesies are just second nature. So I was leaving a restaurant and opened the door for a woman walking in. She stopped dead in her tracks, and said "THANK YOU. You just made my day!"

Later that day, I took the subway back to my hotel, and gave up my seat to an older lady with shopping bags. She said to me, "I'd almost forgotten what guys like you were like."

I just think it's polite to be considerate of others. It's not all about you, you know.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM

769 posts, read 2,232,739 times
Women killed chivalry. If I hold the door open for her she thinks I'm hitting on her. If I compliment her clothes she thinks I'm hitting on her. If I'm a nice guy, she thinks I'm a loser and goes with the jerk who treats her like crap. That's female psychology for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships