Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM

54,482 posts, read 33,796,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How many people here use CD as a distraction? I've got work to do this morning and I can't make myself start doing it. I usually hate to work weekends anyway.

So how many hours a week to you "rob" from your employer.
I only get on here in the morning while drinking a cup of coffee, but during the day, I usually get on here mostly during lunch. I am a software engineer and sometimes if there's a problem that has me stumped, I'll get on here to get my mind away from that technical stuff and spend a few minutes here, not very often though. You might also see me on here during short breaks in the day, but for the most part, I only get on here when I'm at home and don't have anything to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
I think we all use CD as some sort of distraction. For me, it puts off the loads and loads of school work that I am supposed to be doing and instead provides something fun to do!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:21 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,210,342 times
I have housework out of the wazoo and I am hanging out with you guys instead!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:27 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I have housework out of the wazoo and I am hanging out with you guys instead!
Me too!
I need to do laundry but I just hate doing it!!! It is the one household chore that I would love to hire someone to come and do! I keep asking for my hubby to hire someone around the holiday season to come in and I am hoping that he will do it this year!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,644,910 times
I come on here before the kids get up or after they have gone to bed or when they are taking a nap. Its better than cleaning. I have to limit myself on here some times because the time can go by pretty quick. You can definitely tell that I have cut down on housework since finding CD.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
I manage a mens shelter. From 11pm to 6:30am(7.5 hours) the shelter residents are sleep, therefore I have free time. I work from 8p to 8a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
I want your job....LOL... 63% of the time you do nothing?????? and still get paid. What is it that you do? If you don't mind sharing?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I manage a mens shelter. From 11pm to 6:30am(7.5 hours) the shelter residents are sleep, therefore I have free time. I work from 8p to 8a.
Wow, that sounds like a neat job! Reminds me of one I had long time ago and still remember fondly - it was about me being in the office and telling everybody the boss was not there and I didn't know where he was! And it paid above the average salary at the time to boot! Best job ever! That's when I managed to study English really hard.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
SAZ,

It's a decent job. I certainly won't/can't complain. It allows me to think about my next move and just take it easy if I feel like it.

I don't have to interact with BIG BOSSES nor do I deal with office politics, I am the only employee on my shift.......I see my boss( nice guy and supportive) one hour a week for a staff meeting.

It does have many advantages all of which I take advantage of.

The pay is pretty good as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, that sounds like a neat job! Reminds me of one I had long time ago and still remember fondly - it was about me being in the office and telling everybody the boss was not there and I didn't know where he was! And it paid above the average salary at the time to boot! Best job ever! That's when I managed to study English really hard.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 AM

917 posts, read 2,294,616 times
Like Chicago Ron I'm the only person at my job during my shifts. I work the front desk at a small hotel in a very tiny town. Unless someone calls or comes to check in, I can read, watch T.V. or play on the computer. Unlike Ron though the pay is NOT pretty good.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:28 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,840,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How many people here use CD as a distraction? I've got work to do this morning and I can't make myself start doing it. I usually hate to work weekends anyway.

So how many hours a week to you "rob" from your employer.
I don't dare answer...let's say a lot!
They don't want to give me a payrise, so it's my bittersweet little revenge on them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships