Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:43 AM

146 posts, read 435,562 times

Advertisements

I am feeling questionable right now with someone who I have seen about 3 or 4 times within the past month.

I dont know why, but I meet this person for casual fun and while its 'fun', The person is completely not my type, yet I do have an attraction to (weird huh)

The only thing I can think of is the person is really nice and treats me very well. We go out from time to time, and I even called into work one night to spend time together for the person's birthday.

But now I just got off the phone with a really cute friend from back home, and I was wondering, what the hell am I doing having 'fun' with this other person?

I am not a picky person, and I dont mind meeting different types of people...But I do have certain qualties I go for, and this person doesnt fit all of them.

Am I attracted to the person, or what is going on with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,140,321 times
The answer to your thread might be one of your own quotes.
"I am not a picky person"

Old 10-20-2008, 04:44 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,775,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I am feeling questionable right now with someone who I have seen about 3 or 4 times within the past month.

I dont know why, but I meet this person for casual fun and while its 'fun', The person is completely not my type, yet I do have an attraction to (weird huh)

The only thing I can think of is the person is really nice and treats me very well. We go out from time to time, and I even called into work one night to spend time together for the person's birthday.

But now I just got off the phone with a really cute friend from back home, and I was wondering, what the hell am I doing having 'fun' with this other person?
Maybe its because you're a skank.
I am not a picky person, and I dont mind meeting different types of people...But I do have certain qualties I go for, and this person doesnt fit all of them.

Am I attracted to the person, or what is going on with me?
Maybe it's because you're a skank.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:01 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,257,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
Maybe it's because you're a skank.

Man, that was a little harsh! I was going to use a kinder word like " You're easy".

Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,936,484 times
Is this a same sex relationship? The lack of pronouns kind of makes me think that. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,576,328 times
Your only questioning it NOW, because you just got off the phone with a "really cute guy back home."

Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
I would say "easy" also, OR just plain lonely, desperate......the same words I'd use for ME years ago!! But, I'd really watch getting into any kind of a serious relationship with a man......you could definitely break his heart b/c you are NOT ready for a serious relationship!
Now, how do I know all of this (I'm not a Shrink), I'm a 59 yr old male and have been ALL thru what your'e now doing. I'm just glad that I found Mrs. Right 9 years ago and married!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Man, that was a little harsh! I was going to use a kinder word like " You're easy".

Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 AM

478 posts, read 2,296,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Is this a same sex relationship? The lack of pronouns kind of makes me think that. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I noted that as well, and I wonder if anyone's opinion would change if we found out that the OP was male, as opposed to being female.

As for the OP, the first rule of getting anything involves figuring out what you want. What do you want from this person? Answer that question, then proceed accordingly.

It is VERY possible to be attracted to someone and never sleep with them. It is equally possible to not be attracted to someone and sleep with them. Possibilities are endless, but so is regret ... so figure out what you want and go for it with no regret!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:39 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,551,800 times
Sounds like instead of taking the time to look for what you really want you're settling for what's right in front of you. Or maybe you're not ready for something intense, so you're reaching out to someone you know you won't ever fall for...there are lots of reasons why people sleep with people they're not attracted to, you just have to ask yourself why you would continue to do it if it bothers you enough to post a thread about it...?!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,633,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Or, HORNY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships