Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:34 AM

71 posts, read 227,696 times

Advertisements

WHAT'S THE WORST FIGHT YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR PARTNER

Just been watching a video clip of somebody's
wife smashing her husbands car.

Angry Wife Smashes Husband's Car - clipjunkie.com
(The cheater gets what he deserves)

After seeing this got me thinking "What's the worst fight
you have had with your partner".
I have had a few long term relationships and looking back
they have had there moments.Yes I have had dishes thrown
at me,kicked out of bed a few times and been in the dog house.
Yes I mean literally I slept in the dog house,after the other half
locked me out one night for spending one to many late nights
with me mates at the local bar.(silly me)
Yes I am more mature now and wiser.(learned the hard way)
I can laugh about it now .Though it wasn't funny back then.

I think we might keep this thread light entertainment.
If anybody was seriously hurt we might leave that for a
more appropriate thread title.
So does anyone here have any fun stories to tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 06:42 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,291,582 times
I'd hate to ruin y'alls "nice" image of me (as if)

Besides with so many people viewing this site someone could easily identify me. That guy in the clip got off easy.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,272,471 times
It involved my ex wife arguing with me then my father in law got involved in the argument, he ended up punching me in the face and me reacting to it by smashing him against the wall and punching him several times, then my ex hired this 3 guys to beat me up and they happen to know a friend of a friend who told me this and then the cops got involved. That was the worst fight I've ever had.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:59 AM

71 posts, read 227,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
It involved my ex wife arguing with me then my father in law got involved in the argument, he ended up punching me in the face and me reacting to it by smashing him against the wall and punching him several times, then my ex hired this 3 guys to beat me up and they happen to know a friend of a friend who told me this and then the cops got involved. That was the worst fight I've ever had.
I don't think anyone hear will top that.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:04 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,272,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy22 View Post
I don't think anyone hear will top that.

I'm pretty sure there are worse out there, is just a matter of people being straight forward and sharing the story.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM

27,249 posts, read 27,314,141 times
Ive never really fought, it was always more fun to just stand quietly, so patiently, and listen to them yell, get mad, get all worked up, raise their blood pressure, while I kept my cool, sometimes turning away to smile because watching them get all steamed up and get no reaction, that made them even madder, lol. Some people hate that!
Only one time did I let loose though, but that was regarding the safety of my kids that night.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,484,793 times
I've been lucky. There's never been any arguments that would lead to violence.
Sorry I just couldn't stand for it.
I've always believed and always will, that if a person has to result to violence to get their point across, they aren't worth being around.

We've never even had one bad enough for one of us to leave the house. Silent treatment for a day or so, but that's about it.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:12 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,005,602 times
i don't remember the "worst" one but it always ended up with some great make up you know what. a nice fight here and there with a quality make up ****, only adds to the relationship.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM

54,477 posts, read 33,779,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Ive never really fought, it was always more fun to just stand quietly, so patiently, and listen to them yell, get mad, get all worked up, raise their blood pressure, while I kept my cool, sometimes turning away to smile because watching them get all steamed up and get no reaction, that made them even madder, lol. Some people hate that!
For people who get worked up like that and yell, you can also calmly tell them: "I can hear you just fine, you don't have to yell". That's what I did whenever my 3rd girlfriend started yelling. She was a redhead and short-tempered, and I can remember a couple of times when simply walked away from her, or told her "You don't have to yell, I can hear you just fine".

I've never been in any real bad fights with any of the girlfriends I dated in the past, one reason is, with the exception of the redhead I knew in the past, we never gave each other a reason to start a fight. I can remember just 3 or 4 very minor things, that definitely weren't worth arguing or fighting over, and that's about it.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM

455 posts, read 1,496,296 times
I've never had anything in the way of physical fights with an ex, but had some verbal fights that were interesting...

One time an ex was visiting me in at college and staying in my apartment for a weekend. As we were getting ready for bed, I had the humorous idea of freezing her with an ice cube... evidently, she didn't think it was that funny. She tried to kick me out of my bed and have me sleep on the couch. Hah. My bed. I'm staying. If she didn't like it, she could go sleep on the couch. She tried to sleep on the couch, but wanted to switch because it was 'cold and noisy' in the living room (my computer stays on 24hrs) and I was enjoying my nice warm bed

I've always been honest with my significant others, and told them if they don't want to hear the truth to a question, don't ask it, and I've always given them the chance to 'back out' of the question.
Ex (not a real one):
Q: "How do I look in this?"
A: "You look fine."
Q: "No, what do you really think of this?"

So another time (same ex) asked if I thought she was fat... She didn't ask me any more dumb questions after that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships