Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 02:05 PM

305 posts, read 372,836 times

Advertisements

I want you all to be honest and blunt. but do you really think that I am trying to be a cold heartless bit**. I am not. and as far as getting my advise here, It is the only place to turn for me at his point.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:06 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,074,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
You don't know that. You have a one sided-take on this relationship
If you bothered to read all this you'd realize she started this whole thing beating herself up with no blame on him whatsoever. And from reading her responces a BUNCH of us realized she doesn't even see how controling he is. Note that she said that without blaming him, like its what he's supposed to do as a good husband. And I agree she needs to draw him out more. And probably wasn't any good at it. But all he does is smother her.

And I get a bunch of men and women are going to think she's just plain stupid and evil. Content they are to find themselves in slightly less of this situation. I would have told you I was happily married all the way to YEAR SEVENTEEN!

What would you rather happen here? She get this out and work on it? Or try to content herself until she explodes?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 PM

saharaga- yes he is the only man I have been with sexually. I have been with him since was 14. I know, from what I read on this site, that I am not missing much. But I cant help but wonder.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:07 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,245,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saharaga View Post
I've been reading but had no intention of responding. However, this comment made me wonder if your husband is the only person you've been with sexually. Is that it? You want to experience sex with someone other than your husband? I could just be reading too much into it but that's the only reason why I can think you'd want to "hook up" with other men.

I think most women will tell you that most men are full of bravado and when the time comes to perform, they are sorely lacking. But, let them tell it, they're the best you'll ever have. 80% of the men I slept with before I met my husband were a complete waste of time. Those are not good odds. I'm not going to tell you what to do about your relationship. I don't know you or your husband. He sounds great but I don't live with him. You do. I'll just say that if this is an issue of you thinking you've missed out sexually, trust me, you haven't.
Good post. I am soooooo glad this is the "electronic" age!!!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I want you all to be honest and blunt. but do you really think that I am trying to be a cold heartless bit**. I am not. and as far as getting my advise here, It is the only place to turn for me at his point.
No, I don't think you are trying to be one...................

2,722 posts, read 5,458,837 times
Perhpas you have the hots so bad for Mr. Coworker that you have completely turned off to your husband....

I still think you are 100% crazy btw.

2,689 posts, read 6,918,983 times
What part after 19 pages don't you understand? I thought there was enough bluntness in here to make you think twice but obviously not and I really don't think you'll quit asking until you get the answers that you like.

Stop asking anonymous people on the internet. Spend the few bucks and go talk to a professional.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM

opitflex- again, nail on the head- I do feel like I am about to explode any minute. Sometimes, I feel fine when I am at work, but when I get home, I just want to run away.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM

I plan on going to therepy. I need to find one first and I am in the process of looking. Anything specific I should be lookin for?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,918,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post

What would you rather happen here? She get this out and work on it? Or try to content herself until she explodes?
How 'bout asking for advise and then taking a few days to try and impliment some of it... instead of getting great advise and not listening to any of it 'cuz you've already made up your mind and you just want a majority of strangers on your side saying, "You're doing the right thing!".

I did read this thread. And again, I'll point out, you're only getting one side of the relationship. And it appears to be the side that is looking for pity and agreement... from strangers... and not listening to one word of reasonable advise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.