Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,796,393 times

Advertisements

Thank you Shakespeare for that uplifting bit of poetic wisdom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the internet, liars highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,803,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm not going through tough times now...I'm married and have my younger two in the house. In fact, that was my point: that I don't understand how I can be angry about it now.
I can only call on personal experience (again ) but I see your answer in your post.

When P was little you were busting your a$$ to make ends meet and raise him the best way you could. Except for the occasional fleeting moment you didn't have TIME to sit around and contemplate what a loser his bio "dad" was... you were busy being a full-time parent and making up for the absence of his other parent. I remember quite well those dawn-to-dusk days of not enough sleep, tears, and anger.

Now that your life is better and "on-track" you have the luxury of looking back and being royally pi$$ed at what "should have been".

P has already started realizing everything you did and I believe it will only get better.

Just keep doing what you have ALWAYS done, and don't look back now. *HUGS*

Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 PM

598 posts, read 2,068,818 times
I agree - this guy deserves more than a nasty myspace comment. Of course you are mad!!! He's acting like P doesn't exist. What an a-hole.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,640,124 times
I agree that you answered your own question. Sounds like you were a great mom. You know you can't force the other person to be a father. Children need a father in their life and I'm surprised that your son at this age would not go and visit with him now. He may never step up to the plate, tell yourself it is his loss in life.
My ex left when my kids were 7 and 9 and his son who was 15 stayed with me. He saw them maybe three times till they were out of college. But all the kids have re-connnected with him and have pretty good relationships. I just stay out of it. But like you, there is part of me that thinks "gosh I did all the hard part and he waltzes in like he's the great dad...and now grandfather" and I can tell that burns me some.
Tell yourself that you were a great mom and that you son turned out great bacause of you. I would tell this guy you are sorry (probably make him feel guilty) and tell him why you went off like that. Did you ever ask him to be involved or pay child support??? You had that right to do that.
Does your son want a relationship with him now??? Did he ask about him growing up??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships