Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, who would you prefer to spend your life with?
Jenny, PhD 41 60.29%
Gina, Qt 27 39.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 AM

44,257 posts, read 64,046,055 times

Advertisements

Hot women who can be one of the boys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 12:46 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,502 times
He has his guy friends, why would he want a woman to be one of the guys? He has compartmental tastes and desires.

Who wants a so-called "woman" who burps and farts? That's what "one of the guys" is.

There are hot women who have tomboy interests, but by no means are they "one of the guys."

Old 10-22-2008, 01:17 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Haha, that's true, I guess JeepGirl is good at psychoanalyzing me

Hey I don't mind a girly girl, but she has to be a really cool one. That means not getting offended easily and getting angry over small things, expecting me to understand everything that may be wrong with her even without her saying everything, etc. There are cool girls out there, I think. I have had some not-so-great relationship experiences, but... I hold out hope. There are lots of things I like about girls, but I find especially that the late 20s girls seem to have a lot more ability to be rational, calm, cool, etc. than the younger girls. I personally don't think it's true at all, in fact I think it's laughable, that girls are more mature than guys at any age but especially at a young age. How many high school guys in relationships do you imagine think it's their "true love" and they're going to live happily ever after? NOT many! But all kinds of high school girls think that. Girls don't grow emotionally mature until much later. I would argue girls under 25 have a lot of trouble with that. I don't want to crucify them for it, I'm sure it's probably just hormones and whatnot. But it's very hard to deal with that for me. I think rationally and like to see reasons behind actions and arguments, so if someone wants to tell me, "I'm angry at you because I feel angry!" "Uhh ok why?" "I don't need reasons it's just how I feel!!" Uhh, yeah, you do. Feelings count for jack crap in my world. Rational explanations are what matters. Even if a girl wants to respond with, "I'm PMSing and I'm moody and emotional, so please leave me alone," well that was a good, solid reason. But I'm a low drama person, I can't really deal with drama and energy-sapping girls when I'm trying to focus on my career.

I know several girls I've known quite for some time who are really cool, quite rational, easy going, not hard at all to deal with, and don't really have many "girl" moments. But it's kind of few and far between finding girls like that, unfortunately. I don't want to say that I need a low maintenance girl, but I need a girl who, if she's high maintenance, takes care of it herself and doesn't look to me. I don't expect a girl to fix my problems, or do anything for me. I mean I'm not going to expect my girlfriend to clean my place, nor would I let her because she's my girlfriend not my maid, and I don't need a girl to cook for me, or help solve "my problems," etc. So I'd like to find a girl who is similar in that regard, so we can both add to each other's lives.

The worst thing imaginable is the saying "Oh yeah, my other half..." Your other half?! I'm sorry that is no way to live life. I don't want ANOTHER HALF. I am WHOLE by myself, complete, full of energy, motivation, dedication, not lacking anything. I do not want to find another half. I want to find another whole. I don't like interacting with half-people.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:28 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,904,372 times
Thats a tuff one,since both brains and beauty both wear thin after a while...what I would need to do is spend a evening with each of them . ... and which ever one I wake up singing andrea boccelli songs with a big smile on my face.....WINS !

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
My question is why is this just between brains and beauty, as if those are the two sides of the coin?

I guess I don't see it that way -- my rating of any girl is a three-part diagnostic: Looks, Intelligence, and Personality. If you think "brains" encompasses personality and intelligence, I really beg to differ. That's making it way too broad of a category. I've met some very intelligent women who were cold as ice, just horrible personalities. My friend dated a girl once or twice who was beautiful AND very intelligent, but he said she had about a 1 out of 10 on personality. God, poor girl. I guess she didn't like music, I mean who doesn't like music?! AT ALL?! She only ever wanted to talk about politics, didn't know how to have fun and just relax a bit. On this little poll here, you'd think she had it all -- looks and intelligence! But that's just not all.

Out of those three, if I had to pick two, I'd take looks and personality. A really hot girl who is really sweet and fun to be around, but average IQ and wasn't very good in school, etc., just your average student, average thinker, etc. is still going to be a lot better girlfriend than hot and smart but boring and lifeless, or smart and fun but ugly. It's pretty easy I think.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,341,571 times
Neither one are that attractive, one is just showing a little more skin than the other. There are plenty of good looking women who are smart- so why do I have to choose between brains and looks- why can't I just have both

Yes I want my cake and eat it too- it's my damn cake!!!

Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Neither one are that attractive, one is just showing a little more skin than the other. There are plenty of good looking women who are smart- so why do I have to choose between brains and looks- why can't I just have both

Yes I want my cake and eat it too- it's my damn cake!!!

And the one showing skin is that attractive! Going on looks alone, there really is no comparison.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,779,070 times
Smart is almost always HOT....(all mild and business like in the lab....but at home....WOW)

....but hot is rarely smart....(honey....why did you write a check with a crayon?....)

and smart...lasts a lot longer than hot.....(hot is worn out by 40 at best....smart lasts until 80 at least)

Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,123,811 times
How did you come up with HOT is rarely smart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Smart is almost always HOT....(all mild and business like in the lab....but at home....WOW)

....but hot is rarely smart....(honey....why did you write a check with a crayon?....)

and smart...lasts a lot longer than hot.....(hot is worn out by 40 at best....smart lasts until 80 at least)

Old 10-22-2008, 10:53 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,129,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
How did you come up with HOT is rarely smart?
Yeah.....I'd love to hear how he came up with that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships