Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:01 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,047,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
or with a black eye and a sore crotch.
lol!!!:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:38 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,442,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I never understood why someone my dad's age would try to hit on me? Don't they realize that old junk is gross when you're 20?!? Like the thought of it still kind of makes me cringe. No offense to anyone on here but when your're 20 and 30 you don't want your great grandfather hitting on you! It makes you feel kind of bad! Like that's all you can pull! Just MO!
Maybe they feel sorry for you because you are the only girl not getting hit on. Dont be too arrogant young lady.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,839,471 times
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin
I've been taught that when a woman says no, what she really means is yes.

And I've experienced that their No is actually a negative and that even sometimes when they say yes they don't really mean it!

Old 10-22-2008, 06:23 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,062,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I've heard that too, but I thought it was a French thing. And you're from the UK, so maybe it's actually a European thing to be some exotic complex woman of mystery. But American women, in fact Americans in general just come right out and speak what's on their mind, maybe too much, but that's what we do. There are Americans who play courtship games, but that's frowned upon here.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,601,121 times
So a 54-year-old shouldn't hit on a 24-year-old?! Why not? I can see if she said no, fair enough, you move on. But if I was 54 I wouldn't care if I was hitting on a 24-year-old, if she's hot. Maybe I have to flash her the keys to my Ferrari and mention we can go on a cruise on my yacht after, and drink some Cristal, if that's what it takes

Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,010,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Guys don't get it. They think if they bother you enough you will give in and say Yes.
It's called the plow technique and some sorry SOB's use it. It's a disgrace, I saw it on the train this morning. It's when a man basically dominates the conversation, doesn't give the woman a chance to think, and makes sure there is never a lull in the conversation. that's exactly the opposite of what i do. if you have a good repor(sp?) with someone, the times of silence are peaceful and relaxing, not an opportunity to dominate a one sided conversation. i am refering to a way in which a man picks up a woman when casually in a NON-ALCOHOL setting. this has nothing to do with a man physically pushing himself on a woman and she saying no and the so-called "man" persists. I just wanted to make that clear. There are different ways to get women and the "Plow technique" actually works on some girls. Some just eventually give in to a man's will. crazy, i know but it does work for some men and some women...

Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,263,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
You're on the right track actually..... See, here it is in black and white:

1) Men are more logical and mathematically oriented.
2) In mathematics a negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive.
3) Thus logically speaking if you get a woman to say 'no' 2 times, it is the equivelent of a 'yes'... (also if she says 'no' 4,6, or 8 times...).

Now don't get me wrong. Some guys when drunk probably lose track of how many 'no's you've given them, so it's possible that you could say 'no' 5 times which would actually mean 'no', but they're so plastered they think you've said it 6 times which in reality would mean 'yes'....

Everyone follow???

Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,358,799 times
I don't know. I can't say I haven't gotten loaded, asked a girl out I met somewhere and then never returned for the date but if I ever got a no I always thought she meant no.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,553,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
It's called the plow technique and some sorry SOB's use it. It's a disgrace, I saw it on the train this morning. It's when a man basically dominates the conversation, doesn't give the woman a chance to think, and makes sure there is never a lull in the conversation. that's exactly the opposite of what i do. if you have a good repor(sp?) with someone, the times of silence are peaceful and relaxing, not an opportunity to dominate a one sided conversation. i am refering to a way in which a man picks up a woman when casually in a NON-ALCOHOL setting. this has nothing to do with a man physically pushing himself on a woman and she saying no and the so-called "man" persists. I just wanted to make that clear. There are different ways to get women and the "Plow technique" actually works on some girls. Some just eventually give in to a man's will. crazy, i know but it does work for some men and some women...

Um, had he gotten TOO, TOO persistent, I would have stepped up.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,553,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
You're on the right track actually..... See, here it is in black and white:

1) Men are more logical and mathematically oriented.
2) In mathematics a negative multiplied by a negative equals a positive.
3) Thus logically speaking if you get a woman to say 'no' 2 times, it is the equivelent of a 'yes'... (also if she says 'no' 4,6, or 8 times...).

Now don't get me wrong. Some guys when drunk probably lose track of how many 'no's you've given them, so it's possible that you could say 'no' 5 times which would actually mean 'no', but they're so plastered they think you've said it 6 times which in reality would mean 'yes'....

Everyone follow???
You mean like..."Don't", "Stop"...eventually becomes "Don't Stop"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships