Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,843,691 times

Advertisements

Oops sorry for taking this thread in the wrong direction.

Back to the topic - I do not think that religion causes any problems in relationships for most normal people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM

5,004 posts, read 7,842,437 times
this thread is so gunna get locked.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,937,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Why would that be? It's about the impact of religion on relationships.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I dont think so. Think we're back on topic now.

Some examples that I personally know of where couple is of different religion and there are no problems are:

Husband Islam; wife Catholic
Husband Catholic; wife Jewish
Husband Baptist; wife Scientologist
Husband Islam; wife buddhist
Husband Russian orthodox; wife Jewish
Husband Jewish; wife Scientologist
Husband Catholic; wife Islamic
Husband Hindu; wife Christian

These are just some of the people I know and they are all happy, well educated people. Of course, they all live here in LA, dont think you'll find many like this in some "other" parts of the country.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Well, the pregame shows which are must see start at 9:00am, the first games start at 10:00AM and usually end at 1:00pm. Then there's the 1:00PM games that go on until about 4:00PM. The Sunday evening game starts at 5:15PM but that 45 minutes in between is for bathroom break and wife to feed me. So really, there's no time for church on Sundays.

Its tough to choose between Brett Favre/Donovan McNabb and Jesus/Allah/Buddha on Sundays. I figure, the second set of guys are free any day/night of the week, but the first set are only available on Sundays.
I think this joke is very appropriate here, too!

Marriage Rules (JOKE)?

Typical macho man married a typical good-looking lady and after the wedding, he laid down the following rules:
"I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time I want-and I don't expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on the table unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner. I'll go hunting, fishing, boozing and card-playing when I want with my old buddies and don't you give me a hard time about it. Those are my rules. Any comments?"

His new bride said, "No, that's fine with me. Just understand that there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night... whether you're here or not."

Have fun with Sunday football, DaBeez!

Old 10-23-2008, 01:21 PM

I never understood the "I'm spiritual, but not religious". That seems like one of those things some hollywood bimbo say.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I never understood the "I'm spiritual, but not religious". That seems like one of those things some hollywood bimbo say.
I don't think so. I believe in the potential existence of some higher power, but I'm not religious.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,435,774 times
Btw regarding Sunday church,I've been hearing alot lately questioning the origin of Sunday worship. This guy's got alot on his website about it-
MySpace.com - The Prophetic One - 33 - Male - Houston, Texas - www.myspace.com/mr_jmz

Quote:
Have a hard time distinguishing the difference between the two? Its okay. Many people dont really follow a certain "religion" but believe there are greater powers, beings and levels of existence other than where we are now here on this earth.

Light, energies, chakras, spiritual realms, past lives, old souls, etc. are some examples of what some call difference essences of spirituality but not necessarily a religions so to speak. Old martial artists in feudal Japan and some in ancient China all seeked spiritual enlightenment through different measures but did not necessarily follow the doctrine of any specific religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think so. I believe in the potential existence of some higher power, but I'm not religious.
While you may not believe in any established religion, you belive in something and live by certain beliefs/morals/ethics, do you not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships