Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:11 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,386,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I can guarantee you that if I won the £100million Euromillions jackpot and advertise the fact about the money and my single status in the newspaper, every single woman would line up to be with me! I wouldn't need to work then!
Well, of course.

Unless a man is really, really good looking, he needs to offer some means of support. So for example, if you are fat, old, and out of shape and aspire to date a hot young chic, you need about $5 million dollars.

I'm just stating the facts. And the facts state that Paul McCartney can date whomever he likes because he is famous and filthy rich.

So, if you are broke, then you need to start going to the gym, like, all the time and stop complaining about it.

I am a woman, and I have to go to the gym all the time. I have to spend all my time doing my hair, painting my toenails, and eating right, just so I can date men who can afford to take me to dinner.

It's hard work, I tell ya. But that's life in the jungle. If you are a really nice person but fat, broke, and ugly, well, plan on sitting home alone in front of the TV Friday night, because if you go to a bar and can't even afford to buy a lady a drink, you might as well just stay home and get yourself a six-pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,695,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Why are you unemployed long enough to "date while unemployed" at 40 years old?
Huh? I've been unemployed 10 weeks now, and I'm 39.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:38 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,623,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I can guarantee you that if I won the £100million Euromillions jackpot and advertise the fact about the money and my single status in the newspaper, every single woman would line up to be with me! I wouldn't need to work then!

Perfect setup for you, Movie. You do not fantasize over hot women, and she would not fantasize over you.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:50 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Well, of course.

Unless a man is really, really good looking, he needs to offer some means of support. So for example, if you are fat, old, and out of shape and aspire to date a hot young chic, you need about $5 million dollars.

I'm just stating the facts. And the facts state that Paul McCartney can date whomever he likes because he is famous and filthy rich.

So, if you are broke, then you need to start going to the gym, like, all the time and stop complaining about it.

I am a woman, and I have to go to the gym all the time. I have to spend all my time doing my hair, painting my toenails, and eating right, just so I can date men who can afford to take me to dinner.

It's hard work, I tell ya. But that's life in the jungle. If you are a really nice person but fat, broke, and ugly, well, plan on sitting home alone in front of the TV Friday night, because if you go to a bar and can't even afford to buy a lady a drink, you might as well just stay home and get yourself a six-pack.
I think it's great when a girl puts a lot of work into looking good and all of that, I appreciate that, and cute toenails, LOL, but I don't buy girls drinks. I'm happy to buy her a drink after she buys me one, but it's against everything I believe about dating and social dynamics to buy a girl a drink.

Back in the day, and maybe some girls remember this, my dad certainly does, you bought a girl a drink, it meant she would be thankful and talk to you for a bit at least. Now, you buy a girl a drink, she owes you nothing, barely even a thanks, sometimes she just walks away. I've seen it happen! Not to me, because I'm not a tool, so I'm not stupid enough to buy a girl a drink. And if a girl asks me, "Will you buy me a drink?" "No, but you can buy me one!" Whatever most guys do, do the opposite -- best recipe for success with hot girls, at least. They get hit on constantly, you can't be just any other guy. Most guys are anxious to buy a girl a drink. I'm not. I'm anxious to see if I can make her buy me a drink. And it works, too.

To some extent I have no idea why this topic question would be asked. I mean, unemployed could mean any number of things. I've never been employed before, and I'm independently wealthy, so it's totally irrelevant. Being unemployed doesn't mean being poor or unable to support yourself. I wouldn't want to be employed, ever. My life dream is never to be employed by anyone. I am an employer, not an employee.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,817,431 times
I dated a man for a year who was unemployed, because he kept telling me he was trying to work! Well, that never happened. I had to pay for everything and he never took me out. He did cook for me all the time and other "great things" if you know what I mean! I don't think its a problem, because everyone goes thru unemployment, but if he never tries and has a bad history, no do not date him or you will be broke.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
says the woman who is an artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I dated a man for a year who was unemployed, because he kept telling me he was trying to work! Well, that never happened. I had to pay for everything and he never took me out. He did cook for me all the time and other "great things" if you know what I mean! I don't think its a problem, because everyone goes thru unemployment, but if he never tries and has a bad history, no do not date him or you will be broke.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,817,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
says the woman who is an artist
Hey, I am an artist, but I have cash! By the way, the cause for his unemployment was due to the fact that no one would hire him as an ex felon!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
did he serve time in prison? Did he have a degree or training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Hey, I am an artist, but I have cash! By the way, the cause for his unemployment was due to the fact that no one would hire him as an ex felon!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,386,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I think it's great when a girl puts a lot of work into looking good and all of that, I appreciate that, and cute toenails, LOL, but I don't buy girls drinks. I'm happy to buy her a drink after she buys me one, but it's against everything I believe about dating and social dynamics to buy a girl a drink.
Well, I can't imagine that sour attitude gets you very far!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Well, I can't imagine that sour attitude gets you very far!
Are you kidding? Have you ever read "The Game"? Buying girls drink is a death knell unless you're hitting on average chicks. But hot girls have every guy buy them drinks, it's not impressive. You have to set yourself apart.

And I have no idea what some other post has anything to do with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships