Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,956,169 times

Advertisements

Tell him he doesn't have to move, doesn't have to leave his lady or anything like that. All you require is that he sign over his social security and any pension checks he might get. If he has a Will, he needs to change that as well, making you the sole beneficiary.

Now ... I realize you may have a conscience and in a case like that we go to Plan B, which is ... have him put those things into MY name. First name Twinkle, last name Toes.

(But seriously, I'd be creeped out too!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 PM

34 posts, read 43,347 times
Can't blame the man for trying I guess lol. You obviously have something he likes and wants which is quite sweet and also a nice compliment. But, yes if you are not interested in him, the sooner you tell him, the better. Don't let it go on to long or he will think it's fine to do it more, and continue to push harder.

Sounds pretty harmless at this point. Truth is people find things they don't want as pushy and creepy. If it was Johnny Depp or someone like that persuing you, you would have a different opinion. You know nothing about him etc other then that he is really into you (at least on a sexual and attraction level). Take it as a compliment but get him off your back fast before he thinks you're into him and he won't leave you alone.

At least you can look at yourself a little prettier in the mirror for that one. That's not a funny story at all. It's quite a nice boost to your opinion of yourself and your confidence. Just play it right and get rid of him now LOL!

Best of luck and tell us how you end up handling it hehe .

Maestro2be

Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,634,334 times
Alice, funny story. . but. . you won't move in with a guy before a first date? Well why NOT?

Some people, I swear.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,602,043 times
Wait, wait, wait... so if a girl talks to me, you're telling me she DOESN'T want me?! Wow this changes everything.

Ok I have some phone calls to make, be back later.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,587,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Tell him he doesn't have to move, doesn't have to leave his lady or anything like that. All you require is that he sign over his social security and any pension checks he might get. If he has a Will, he needs to change that as well, making you the sole beneficiary.
OMG, someone I used to work with always thought along those lines. Deja vu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Wait, wait, wait... so if a girl talks to me, you're telling me she DOESN'T want me?! Wow this changes everything.
Do you live in a blue and white trailer, by any chance?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 PM

HAHA, no, it's called a joke

I live in a condo.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:36 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,423,101 times
But, is your condo blue and white?

I'd totally be put off by someone wanting to move in with me before a first date, before even having had a real conversation with me. That's creepy stuff. Some people just can't control that connection between thought and speech, though. Could've been one of those instances.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 PM

The connection is once you think something you have to say it fast as possible right? Right guys...? Right.....? Guys?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:06 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,587,245 times
JonathanLB, you are pathetic ...in an adorable way.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,423,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
The connection is once you think something you have to say it fast as possible right? Right guys...? Right.....? Guys?

I've given this a lot of thought. I've prayed. I've meditated. I stood on my head. I drank lots of water and read "Frog and Toad Are Friends" 5,000 times. I asked a baby, just like Elmo does.

Well, I did all of this and ....

... I ... just ... don't ... know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships