Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:13 PM

749 posts, read 2,077,503 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...I wanted to try Speed dating but not after hearing these reviews....darn. Plus you have to live in a major city to be able to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Hmmm...I wanted to try Speed dating but not after hearing these reviews....darn. Plus you have to live in a major city to be able to attend.
Not really. I recently found out we've got this disgust going on here, too.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 PM

7,822 posts, read 11,708,343 times
I tried it once to see what it is about, not my thing. I like one on one time with a single person for the evening.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:47 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,550,798 times
I didn't even know this existed or what it was until reading this thread...
NO WAY I'd ever participate in this, just like I'd never place a personal ad or advertise myself on "Myspace". Just another way for people to size each other up based on appearances & 1st impressions (which are usually inaccurate). No thanks!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 02:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,873,172 times
I tried it once b/c some company was promoting it at a nightclub I went to. I was waiting for some friends to arrive and had time to kill, so I figured why not. I just thought of the exp. as something to pass the time. It had some funny moments. Of course, the company offering it wanted to make $ on it afterward. So the speed dating part was free. But if you wanted to follow up on it, then to get the person's contact info., you'd have to go through the company. I'm sure there may have been some people who hit it off so quickly that they volunteered their e-mail address and phone # to each other to bypass the company.

What was the comedy movie that made fun of speed dating? I'm drawing a blank.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:04 PM

51,844 posts, read 52,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
And if so do any of you recommend it ? Also what are the odds that you will get atleast one match out of it ?
That seems like a lot of pressure to me. I'm a pretty funny guy but very subtle and that wouldn't go well in a "speed" dating situation.

Just wanted to use that new smiley.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
You are funny to laugh at but not really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That seems like a lot of pressure to me. I'm a pretty funny guy but very subtle and that wouldn't go well in a "speed" dating situation.

Just wanted to use that new smiley.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:15 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
It just seems so cheesy to me. It seems like a sit-down nightclub without the dancing and music - and men rotating to visit the meat.
I hate dancing and I hate loud music at clubs. I still think the idea of "speed dating" sounds way better than that. I've never done it, but at least you would get to meet a lot of people in a small amount of time.

I never meet anyone at clubs, the music is too loud, you can't talk to anyone, dancing is a mindless, stupid activity. It's so obvious that clubs are designed for idiots -- if they were designed for intelligent people, they wouldn't discourage intelligent conversation. It's just like, "Ok well we'll setup this atmosphere where nobody can talk, lord knows these people have nothing useful to say to one another, and we'll let them dance so they can do something while standing around, I guess." Just total vacuous crap.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,794,118 times
are you calling me dumb because I like to dance at nightclubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I hate dancing and I hate loud music at clubs. I still think the idea of "speed dating" sounds way better than that. I've never done it, but at least you would get to meet a lot of people in a small amount of time.

I never meet anyone at clubs, the music is too loud, you can't talk to anyone, dancing is a mindless, stupid activity. It's so obvious that clubs are designed for idiots -- if they were designed for intelligent people, they wouldn't discourage intelligent conversation. It's just like, "Ok well we'll setup this atmosphere where nobody can talk, lord knows these people have nothing useful to say to one another, and we'll let them dance so they can do something while standing around, I guess." Just total vacuous crap.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,583,826 times
Hey to each his own. I hate dancing and I think it's a completely pointless activity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships