Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:03 AM

34 posts, read 57,822 times

Advertisements

When I was young, a few moons ago or so...I liekd this guy who ad a classic Corvette.....finally he asked me out! I was in love. He picked me up in his fathers Dodge Dart, took me to dinner, was really nice. I never went out with him again. Dodge Dart??? What was he thinking???

Don't worry...I did eventually grow up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,967,375 times
I couldn't care less what he drives as long as it runs well and is clean inside. My favorite guy drove an old station wagon--he was trying to save money for college--and I never gave it a second thought.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:32 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I've always wondered where guys get the idea that women are attracted to guys with "hot" cars. Most guys are into cars and most gals aren't, so this always struck me as amusing. Now, I know a car is supposed to be an indicator of wealth, but I personally haven't found that to be a reliable yardstick.

I care so little for cars that BMWs look the same as Hondas to me. As long as it's reasonably clean, doesn't stink, and doesn't make any atrocious noises, then it's fine. Some of the wealthiest people I know only buy used cars, and not even the super duper high-end ones. The flip side of that are those low-income people who throw every last penny they have into a fancy car. Well, if you're trying to put on the illusion of wealth, it's going to crumble once she sees your run-down trailer behind the local dime store.
grumpy old ladies are underrated.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:33 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I couldn't care less what he drives as long as it runs well and is clean inside. My favorite guy drove an old station wagon--he was trying to save money for college--and I never gave it a second thought.
and that kind of gal is a keeper.
you got rep.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:12 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,885,888 times
I think I'd rather date a guy that drives a Land Rover as opposed to a Beemer. If he has both, then I guess that would be OKAY. I am kidding of course, but someone that simply drives a bmw is likely a little too boring and uptight for me.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM

51,956 posts, read 52,393,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I think I'd rather date a guy that drives a Land Rover as opposed to a Beemer. If he has both, then I guess that would be OKAY. I am kidding of course, but someone that simply drives a bmw is likely a little too boring and uptight for me.
Have you priced the Land Rovers. Those things are friggin expensive. If he's driving either he's doing OK money wise.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:55 PM

626 posts, read 1,344,446 times
who really cares?? as long as he has one... it doesnt matter what kind! If you meet a woman that cares what kind of car you drive, she is materialistic and will dump you as soon as you dont give her whatever material possessions she wants.

Old 08-22-2009, 03:05 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,885,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Have you priced the Land Rovers. Those things are friggin expensive. If he's driving either he's doing OK money wise.
Okay, a Jeep then. It doesn't have to be a NEW Land Rover. Heck, it could be a Subaru Outback for all I care, as long as it is something they can actually take on a FUN trip without having to rent something or worry about "getting it dirty".

Old 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,565,990 times
I am not that into cars anyways, so it really doesn't matter.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:24 PM

105 posts, read 249,631 times
A car is a car is a car... if it runs well and it is clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships