Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times

Advertisements

sounds like you have had some rough experiences. Were you dumped for a guy that drove a corvette? Let me guess you drove a van with dark tinted windows at the time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
she will move on to somebody that does. and move on and move on and move on and move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,284,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It's how you drive your scooter is what counts....if you can pop a wheelie in your scooter then that is all that really counts in a relationship...

I popped a wheelie on my date one night.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,693,802 times
I've always been offended by guys in their hot cars.

Even though I'm a grumpy old lady now I was once an eligible young lass. I remember a guy who kept trying to date me even though I was utterly disinterested in his company. Thinking to trump his previous offers of attention he finally offered to pick me up in a limo for some kind of dream date. I was outraged.

I mean, what kind of guy are you, and what kind of woman do you think I am, if I can be bought off with a really really long car?? I'm going to like you better if you rent a limo? Your own appeal will be somehow enhanced if you show up in some Hollywood vehicle? No. You're still the same guy I still don't want to go out with.

On the other hand, one of the great loves of my youth drove a battered old Dodge pickup truck. I remember the front seat of that old truck with great memories.....

Old 10-24-2008, 02:56 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,422,844 times
I've always wondered where guys get the idea that women are attracted to guys with "hot" cars. Most guys are into cars and most gals aren't, so this always struck me as amusing. Now, I know a car is supposed to be an indicator of wealth, but I personally haven't found that to be a reliable yardstick.

I care so little for cars that BMWs look the same as Hondas to me. As long as it's reasonably clean, doesn't stink, and doesn't make any atrocious noises, then it's fine. Some of the wealthiest people I know only buy used cars, and not even the super duper high-end ones. The flip side of that are those low-income people who throw every last penny they have into a fancy car. Well, if you're trying to put on the illusion of wealth, it's going to crumble once she sees your run-down trailer behind the local dime store.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,083,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I do not care if he has as hot car or not. He needs to have a car though.
I agree completely. The most important thing to me is if he treats me well and is he a good person.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
I've always wondered where guys get the idea that women are attracted to guys with "hot" cars. Most guys are into cars and most gals aren't, so this always struck me as amusing. Now, I know a car is supposed to be an indicator of wealth, but I personally haven't found that to be a reliable yardstick.
Well, expensive toys are supposed to impress. It’s not like guys need them, either. If it weren’t for women, they could really live on the cheap. However, in our economy you never know if there isn't monstrous debt behind flashiness...

Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM

3,490 posts, read 8,206,692 times
I've dated a lot of guys who had 'hot cars'. Porches, a classic Jag, a Lotus (that was really nice) and a Bentley.

The guy I married drove an ancient volvo when I met him.

The hot cars and the guys who went with them were fun, but not what I was looking for as a long term partner. Fundamentally the car means nothing to me when looking for a serious relationship.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 PM

214 posts, read 914,061 times
Women...ok most of the women that I know, do not care about the car.

The way I see it, I would rather be with someone that had a good head on his shoulders than to drop everything he's saved in to a car. That's not responsible. If all they care about is your car, it's time to move on, they are shallow.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
I agree with a lot of the posters here, in that "hot" cars do not really matter.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,577,460 times
A Pinto is hot right? Cuz that's what my hubby had when I met him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships