Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,819,090 times

Advertisements

what are you trying to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
small member
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:37 PM
miu

17,763 posts, read 40,031,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
*shrug* I like flashy people, and the more money I have the flashier lifestyle I would want to live. I think that's one of the best things about buying a Ferrari or a Lambo. Yeah, they're gorgeous cars, but it's not just that -- they get attention. People treat you like a celebrity. You pull up in a Ferrari at a club and hand the keys to the valet, everyone is looking at who got out of the Ferrari. I love that! To me it's not about "getting attention," it's just about showing off. Like this is my car, it's awesome, and it's way better than your car. That's just how I am, I enjoy that. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.
What a typical nouveau riche attitude. But whatever floats your boat then...

Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,591,504 times
haha, not at all. My dad already has a Ferrari, I'm not "new rich" I'm old rich now

Old 10-25-2008, 09:39 PM

I think you are being insensitive.

Quote:
haha, not at all. My dad already has a Ferrari, I'm not "new rich" I'm old rich now

Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM

51,901 posts, read 52,306,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
what are you trying to say?
Any time a man brags about something mechanical it is suspect.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You don't consider that narcissistic?
Haha, I don't care. Driving a killer car is lots of fun, and it's a nice idea that you have something other people can't afford. That's kind of the POINT. I mean why have money if you're not going to flaunt it? Life isn't about concealing your strengths, it's about showing them off and having fun. It's fun to drive nice cars, lots of fun, and the rarity is what makes it enjoyable.

The point of a collectible, for instance, is that NOT everyone can have one, there is limited supply, and there is cost. If everyone had a Ferrari, they wouldn't be special, and I wouldn't want to drive one as much. Yeah it'd still be fun but the thrill wouldn't be the same at all.

And it's just silly to assume that anyone with a nice car has a small dick, haha, that's just something jealous people would love to believe. I guess poor people have the biggest dicks huh? LOL

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM

^ So you are saying that drivers of awesome cars can have massive ding dongs too? I think I'm starting to understand.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 PM

51,901 posts, read 52,306,082 times
Quote:
Haha, I don't care. Driving a killer car is lots of fun, and it's a nice idea that you have something other people can't afford. That's kind of the POINT. I mean why have money if you're not going to flaunt it? Life isn't about concealing your strengths, it's about showing them off and having fun. It's fun to drive nice cars, lots of fun, and the rarity is what makes it enjoyable.

The point of a collectible, for instance, is that NOT everyone can have one, there is limited supply, and there is cost. If everyone had a Ferrari, they wouldn't be special, and I wouldn't want to drive one as much. Yeah it'd still be fun but the thrill wouldn't be the same at all.

And it's just silly to assume that anyone with a nice car has a small dick, haha, that's just something jealous people would love to believe. I guess poor people have the biggest dicks huh? LOL
I almost wonder if you're real. I've heard people say lame things, but you take it to a new level.

Do you realize how lame you sound. I'm really not being insulting. I'm saying this from an informative point of view. I'm not being snarky.

You are embarrassing yourself and the sad part is you really don't know that you are doing it.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:50 PM

HAHA, I'm so concerned what you think about me, it's fascinating. NOT. Save it for someone who cares.

You didn't address ONE point that I said, so let me give you one more chance to prove you're not a total idiot. If you think something is "lame," you need to define WHY. It's not lame to enjoy rarer things in life. This is the same reason a fine wine is so great, or living in a penthouse atop the city is more desirable than living in a ghetto. It's NICE to know you have things other people can't afford, it makes you value them more and makes them more desirable. Rarity is why anything is desired, even a hot girl. If every girl was hot, everyone would have hot girlfriends. The fact hot girls are rare means when you go out with a hot girl, every other guy is looking, and that's a good feeling. It's the same concept with anything -- it heightens your feeling of power, and that's always desirable.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:09 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,093,868 times
Let me preface by saying that the few nice/expensive/exclusive (cars/watches/vacations) things I buy are entirely for myself, my enjoyment, and my satisfaction.

However, if tons of people didn't subscribe to Jonathan's theory, we wouldn't have all the rampant badge-buying that we do. And some people really like having something no one else has - it makes it more special for them. That doesn't necessarily translate to "I am superior" or anything like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships