Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times

Advertisements

You got mad over having to wait just 10 minutes? I do not get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
oh I went out with this guy I met who was a cusstomer service rep, I used to always get him when I called billing and enrollment and we finally decided to meet up. well he was a total jerk, he got a phone call and interrupted me talking to answer it and proceeded to have a conversation with his mother!!!! we pulled up to the restuarant and he told me he would meet me inside so he could finish talking to his mom about what his dog did when he came home from work that day I was sitting at the table for like 10 minutes before he came in. I was heated. I no longer like mama's boys because of him lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:55 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
When it's a first date, you never make a lady wait!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Crud I've been a bad date then lol....I was 10 minutes late to the movies on my first date with a gay guy back when I was in college....lol however he was texting during the movie and right after so I was like who the heck is more important than me that he must be texting lOl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
When it's a first date, you never make a lady wait!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,047,758 times
Quote:
did he ask you what happened later or you never heard from him again?
I did not hear from him personally but a mutual friend (the one who set us up) told me that he just finished dinner and went home. It probably wasn't the first time that it had happened. My friend told me though, it would have been more considerate if I had at least TOLD him I was leaving. Apparently, he did send a waitress in to look for me to make sure I hadn't died in the bathroom or something. LOL Hey, I was 18 and very inexperienced and immature. If it was today, I would have told him I was leaving.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 PM

926 posts, read 2,741,898 times
Quote:
because first he interrupted me to take a call. if it was an urgent matter, fine. but he was talking to his mom about how his dog sat up on his hind legs. then we we got to the restaurant he told me to go in so he could finish talking to his mom about how his dog loves him and he had me in there for 10 minutes so yes I was mad. if this was an emergency or a serious matter I'd be cool with it. but he was talking about his dog! and it was the first date! I kept my cool when he came in but we never went out again after that lol. he called his mom after we ate and told her what he ordered and how he was wondering what his dog was doing...and when he pulled back up to my hotel (I was in town on business) he said "hold on mom I have to say good bye....no i wont kiss her ont he first date!" i was like woooooow lol. but not to get off track, yes i was mad he made me wait so he could talk ont he phone about his dog to his mother lol

Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Crud I've been a bad date then lol....I was 10 minutes late to the movies on my first date with a gay guy back when I was in college....lol however he was texting during the movie and right after so I was like who the heck is more important than me that he must be texting lOl...
being late I can understand but we were together and he told me to go inside so he could finish telling his mom about his dog... i was like...ok lol what do you say to that?! lol

Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I did not hear from him personally but a mutual friend (the one who set us up) told me that he just finished dinner and went home. It probably wasn't the first time that it had happened. My friend told me though, it would have been more considerate if I had at least TOLD him I was leaving. Apparently, he did send a waitress in to look for me to make sure I hadn't died in the bathroom or something. LOL Hey, I was 18 and very inexperienced and immature. If it was today, I would have told him I was leaving.

20yrsinBranson
LOL! I cant believe he finished eating! I would have done a search, called, texted- whatever and then when it sinks in Ive been left, I would have too! lol not sit there and finish my meal alone lol i'll get it to go. after something like that who wants to eat alone? my ego is crushed lol

Old 10-26-2008, 08:05 PM

521 posts, read 1,625,600 times
HELL YES!
I met her at school. She was a bombshell. Didnt seem too bright but I figured, she goes to college...how slow could she be!?
FYI: I was about 19 so still quite young in the "real" dating scene. She was 18 or 19.

Picked her up and was driving to the restaurant. She gets a phone call, answers it, and spends just about the entire trip (5-10 mins) talking on the phone with her friend. Strike 1...

We are eating at the restaurant, and she gets another phone call from another friend. Yep, she answered it (Strike 2) and begins talking on the phone for another 5 or so minutes (Strike 3)...

I get up, gesture that I need to use the restroom. But I walked over to the waitress and tell her that I want to pay. The waitress seemed to know what I was doing since she acted quick, and told me that they would tell my "date" that I was in the restroom. I took off!!!!

Put my phone on silent and drove straight to my friends' house. We all lauged about, had drinks, played poker. She called about 10 times and left 3 voicemessages and 5 texts! ROFL. The first text/voicemessages she was wondering where I was if everything was okay (thinking I was still in the bathroom as if I fell in).
After she found out, about half an hour later (I kid you not), she ended up basically calling me a jerk and an ******* and everything else.

A few weeks later I ran into the same waitress at the same restaurant. We talked briefly about what happened. Apparently, my "date" stayed at the restaurant for a full hour after I left, including the time she waited for her friend to pick her up. I thanked the waitress for helping me out, asked her for her phone number, and went out with her at a later time.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,048,106 times
Quote:
LOL! Well, now you know! No...you were simply late! Not talking to your mom! BIG difference. I am always late so I don't get mad when others are running behind but send me into a restaurant so you can chat with your mom about your dog?? I would have gone inside. Sat at the bar, had a drink and called for a ride home.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Rotfl aww babygirl, he sounds like a disrespectful clown. I'm sorry you had to put up with that silliness.

Quote:
because first he interrupted me to take a call. if it was an urgent matter, fine. but he was talking to his mom about how his dog sat up on his hind legs. then we we got to the restaurant he told me to go in so he could finish talking to his mom about how his dog loves him and he had me in there for 10 minutes so yes I was mad. if this was an emergency or a serious matter I'd be cool with it. but he was talking about his dog! and it was the first date! I kept my cool when he came in but we never went out again after that lol. he called his mom after we ate and told her what he ordered and how he was wondering what his dog was doing...and when he pulled back up to my hotel (I was in town on business) he said "hold on mom I have to say good bye....no i wont kiss her ont he first date!" i was like woooooow lol. but not to get off track, yes i was mad he made me wait so he could talk ont he phone about his dog to his mother lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships