Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS. Confused View Post
I dont plan on bring any men around my children ever. I plan on going out when my kids are with there dad. I hope he will have them every other weekend. and they need that too because they are so close to him. I feel every other weekend and one night a week is good. I am not some terrible mom who is gonna bring around every tom, dick and harry. I love them and want to make this as easy on them as i can

Mommyv you make everything sound so easy. I wish I could be as confident as you are.
Every other weekend? How flippin' magnanimous of you.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchTigerHiddenDog View Post
WARNING: PRIDE GOETH BEFORE A FALL!!

NEVER SAY NEVER or be proud and judge another as you will quickly be tempted in the same manner!!!!!!!!
Not gonna happen. It is what it is, and she is what she is.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:39 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,143,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
If your mind is already made up, just take the leap and get it over with.

Most here will not support it, because many of us came here because we were screwed over by our SO and came for advice. So when they see someone thats gonna do the same thing... they lash out.
Not necissarily....you might not belive it but i'm lucky enough to have never been hurt or otherwise "screwed over".......I just have a heart and it makes me so mad and sad to hear mothers and wives being soooo selfish that they don't care about anything except for having the excitment and newness of being with somone other than their husband.....

Old 10-27-2008, 11:41 AM

918 posts, read 1,634,283 times
Yeah I know... I didn't mean everyone, just quite a few of the people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Not necissarily....you might not belive it but i'm lucky enough to have never been hurt or otherwise "screwed over".......I just have a heart and it makes me so mad and sad to hear mothers and wives being soooo selfish that they don't care about anything except for having the excitment and newness of being with somone other than their husband.....

Old 10-27-2008, 11:47 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,050,340 times
Quote:
I dont plan on bring any men around my children ever. I plan on going out when my kids are with there dad. I hope he will have them every other weekend. and they need that too because they are so close to him. I feel every other weekend and one night a week is good. I am not some terrible mom who is gonna bring around every tom, dick and harry. I love them and want to make this as easy on them as i can

Mommyv you make everything sound so easy. I wish I could be as confident as you are.
Don't think about it, just do it. If you take that approach it will be a lot easier on everyone. Fear is just a notion, an idea in your head. Get past it and do what you need to do. I laid it out for you plain and simple. Now, get to it.

I do also think you should read some of the other threads here... for your own information and to see what troubles might await you ahead.

A lot of bull goes on in our heads. Turn it off. It's not easy, but you need to occupy your time with other things that take your mind off of this subject and do what you need to do to move forward. All this thinking is what's going to drive you crazy in the end. Not actually the staying or the going, but the should I stay or should I go question that is never ending with good arguments both for and against as you've seen here on this board.

Move past your thoughts and be strong; take action towards something better. AGAIN...
(1) Dump the work guy
(2) Go to counseling with your DH
(3) Go to counseling alone
New one:
(4) Read some other threads here

Old 10-27-2008, 11:54 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,634,334 times
Quote:
you make me laught adutlerers. A am not an adulterer. If I was I would have already slep with the other guy.
Clinton fan, huh?

Smooching with other men while married is adultery, FYI.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:56 AM

305 posts, read 372,860 times
ANADRY32- i am looking right now on finding a place to move to. as far as the finaces go, that is still up in the air. My husband called an laywer today to find out how we can start the forclouser process. (we cannot afford to keep the house) I have had my house for sale for 1 year now and nothing. I also would like to start the divorce process, but I will wait and see how couseling goes first. does anyone know how long a divorce takes to be final in MA.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,634,334 times
Quote:

You think of your children second. Stated it clearly here. Your selfish disposition is quite clear. "And they need that too." After your own needs, placed first.

I can't believe this thread is still going.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM

305 posts, read 372,860 times
I really dont care if you think I am a good mom or not - I know I am. That is something I am sure of and something you cannot take from me. What is wrong with them spending everyother weekend with there dad? If I said NO I dont want them with there dad then you all would be all over that too.

Mommyv - I am going to take your advice. All of It. I am taking the steps I need to to leave. I am trying to let my husband know where I stand.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM

918 posts, read 1,634,283 times
If you don't care if people think you are a good mom or not...

then why do you care what people think about you leaving to the point that you come here and post about it?

I have defended you for the most part, so don't take that as an attack...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships