Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 08:14 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,199,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh right...she could have PTSD. I'd suggest a forensic psychologist because a normal psychologist doesn't diagnose in case you didn't know. What are his symptoms?
His symptoms are minimal at this point...he got jittery when I found his letters from VN to his parents, still cannot go to Arlington Cemetery when I go...those types of things.

He was a classic several years ago...terrible nightmares, night sweats, violent mood swings, etc. Very sad, but only lasted for a short time. His PTSD was diagnosed as cyclical...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 08:15 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,557,523 times
Dreams are incredible, and we can actually learn to navigate through them on a more conscious level. Lucid dreaming is just that, you recognize you're in a dream and can begin to control what happens, who you see, and where you go. I've been having these types of dreams since childhood. The first time it happened, I was in a nightmare and I suddenly realized "this isn't real! i can leave!" I closed my eyes (in the dream) really tight and woke in my bed. In the most recent one I had, I found my cat Humphrey (who passed away Sept. 18th) and gave him the hugs & snuggles I'd been missing.

There are techniques to attain this state, (will post links) so you can then tell him whatever you really want to, like "why are you always here? tell me what you want to tell me so we can move on"...etc. Hope this helps...!

Lucid Dreaming Frequently Asked Questions Answered by The Lucidity Institute

Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 PM

1,009 posts, read 704,999 times
Aww there is nothing wrong with you , your not a nut case. I think that part of your life is buried deep inside and when you dream your good feelings that you once had surface.

Don't feel guilty your not disloyal to your husband, we can't help want we dream. Maybe like some suggested go speak to someone, if not I am sure in time they will disappear..

Old 10-25-2008, 09:08 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,824,483 times
I agree the OP doesn't sound like a crazy bag of fruits. Her dreams revealed normal feelings of deep care and it is ok to have those feelings and to share them with people that can embrace the care and love. Good luck .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Aww there is nothing wrong with you , your not a nut case. I think that part of your life is buried deep inside and when you dream your good feelings that you once had surface.

Don't feel guilty your not disloyal to your husband, we can't help want we dream. Maybe like some suggested go speak to someone, if not I am sure in time they will disappear..

Old 10-25-2008, 09:31 PM

461 posts, read 1,446,768 times
I had a very abusive relationship also. It ended almost 6 years ago and I still have dreams about him, usually when I am stressed out and nervous about something. It was REALLY bad when I was planning my wedding and when I moved across country. I talked to my doctor about it and he said stress can bring back really traumatic events in your past. Now I feel like it's healthy for me to think about him, I think I'm subconsciously remembering so history never repeats itself.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:32 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,824,483 times
^ You are a very smart lady. Good for you Ketiemey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships