Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times

Advertisements

Are you not a relationship type of person because girlfriends are supposed to be for sex and friendship both combined, that is why it is called a relationship....you get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
That's exactly the type of mentality that annoys me, though -- there is no "void" to be filled. I don't like people who aren't full and complete. I don't want to find "my other half," a saying I hate, that's completely horrible. I am looking for another whole person, without any void. I've had enough of that kind of crap, where some girl thinks I'm going to be able to "fix" her. I'm not a professional, if you want one you have to pay for it.

And I don't need a very good friendship. The reason I date girls is for the sex. I have lots of good friendships. I don't need more of those. I need business connections from new friends, sure, but I have enough close friends. I don't date girls to make friends. I date girls because I'm attracted to them.

If "love" makes you do things you don't want to do, then it's evil and unwanted. That's what you're saying, that people do things that are obviously a great inconvenience because of this "feeling" of love, which is really pathetic. If love can make you do something good, it can also make you do something bad, if you weren't in control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 07:43 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,726,338 times
I've known many young women who, when they're in their 20s feel being in a relationship is the be-all and end-all. So they hooked up, married and many later divorced. You feel one way, but you will find out that you might be lucky because love will find you when you are older at which time you will surely make better choices. So take this as a good sign for the time being.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times
I like your post Angelou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I've known many young women who, when they're in their 20s feel being in a relationship is the be-all and end-all. So they hooked up, married and many later divorced. You feel one way, but you will find out that you might be lucky because love will find you when you are older at which time you will surely make better choices. So take this as a good sign for the time being.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM

5,007 posts, read 7,850,689 times
Truly loved once. Still love her, and pray that someday she'll experience the way I felt that night. Time stopped and the world around us disappeared when she took me by the hand and danced with me on that pier. Yea, I'm just an ole lonesome soul. Romantic at heart, and a throwback to simpler days, when all a man needed was a good woman at his side and some land to provide for his family.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM

5,553 posts, read 6,726,338 times
That is lovely, Tex

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM

521 posts, read 1,625,600 times
I feel like Im always eluding love.
I have been in a few relationships where the girl was absolutely amazing and would do anything for me. Yet, the desire to be independant and in complete control of my life and ability to do what I want anytime has controlled the direction where I go, that is breaking up with the girl.

Other times, thered be girls that I was completely attracted to that asked me to become exclusive with them, but I would turn them down since I knew that they were the type that would want to be in a serious commitment.

Basically: Id like to be with one amazing person sometime that I could love, yet when that person comes along, I turn her down or break away from that relationship for whatever reason.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,839,636 times
Yes. All the guys I had crushes on through school and shortly thereafter were not interested in me. A few of them just wanted to fool around and I wanted more. I dated one guy for a few months but wasn't really into it so I let it go. Went out with someone for a bunch of years who wasn't right for me. Now I'm 33 and really don't expect to find anyone. At this age everyone is already married with children. I don't want kids at all either so that narrows down my chances of finding someone who wants what I want. I know I have to not think about it and not care about it, but I find that impossible. Nothing sounds as good to me as love. I don't know if it's even real in these modern times, but if it is, I want it.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,602,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I feel like Im always eluding love.
I have been in a few relationships where the girl was absolutely amazing and would do anything for me. Yet, the desire to be independant and in complete control of my life and ability to do what I want anytime has controlled the direction where I go, that is breaking up with the girl.

Other times, thered be girls that I was completely attracted to that asked me to become exclusive with them, but I would turn them down since I knew that they were the type that would want to be in a serious commitment.

Basically: Id like to be with one amazing person sometime that I could love, yet when that person comes along, I turn her down or break away from that relationship for whatever reason.
Eh, I don't blame you. I usually dump girls for the same reasons -- the benefits don't outweigh the disadvantages, i.e. I want to be in complete control of my time and they aren't allowing me to do that. It's like a plane carrying too much weight. I know where the destination is and my plane doesn't have much room for extra baggage!

Old 10-27-2008, 02:33 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,034,136 times
I don't want kids either, I agree its harder. (No pun intended!). Being 27 this December, I'm gonna have to get my act together. I've never had a girlfriend and done any of that stuff, pretty sad really.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:35 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,602,043 times
Eh, I've only had one girlfriend for a limited amount of time, the rest were girls I dated for a bit but never really considered girlfriends. I'm not sure a month to six weeks really counts, haha.

I just think there are bigger priorities in life than worrying about chicks. That situation isn't worth much effort, it will happen when it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships