Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 04:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,642,633 times

Advertisements

Will you listen to an old man who just passed his 39th anniversary and would marry that angel again without hesitation? If you are waiting to "fall in love", stop. When you are falling you are out of control. Lasting love is a decision not an accident. No relationship is always good. If you operate on feelings you are going to fail. You cannot feel the same about someone when they change, and in time you will both change. Hair falls out or turns gray, gravity effects that tight butt, skin wrinkles, bellies pot. When you decide to love someone, until death do us part, she/he is always beautiful because you see with your heart not your eyes. Comtpatibility is overated. Railroad tracks are compatible. They go thru everything in the same direction. The left one does exactly what the right one does. They never meet. There is someone for you. Keep thinking with the head on your shoulders, not the other one, and you will find her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,096 times
Love, what does that mean? Really? I am married, but am I in love? Not really. I often wish to be single. In love, thats a whole different situation. I think being in love is confused with being in lust. When I was younger the feeling for "love" was so much more intense. Being married can ruin that wonderful feeling in a hurry.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,598,497 times
That's what I figure. It's much better to have a lot of shorter, exciting relationships than one long, monotonous one. Unless you're just afraid to be alone, in which case I'd ask why you think fear is a good reason to be in a relationship. But whatever.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:24 AM

27,260 posts, read 27,321,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMuffet View Post
Love, what does that mean? Really? I am married, but am I in love? Not really. I often wish to be single. In love, thats a whole different situation. I think being in love is confused with being in lust. When I was younger the feeling for "love" was so much more intense. Being married can ruin that wonderful feeling in a hurry.
I really, really, REALLY can relate to your post here. There is a huge gap between really being 'in love' and just loving someone as a person, a friend.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 AM

28,863 posts, read 30,122,646 times
yes, but I made the wrong choices several times, and now, I elude love..

Old 10-27-2008, 01:08 PM

5,004 posts, read 7,847,547 times
I've been thinking about what I posted last night and I've come to realize that my story isn't sad at all. In fact, it's the exact opposite. How many people have gotten the opportunity to feel the way I did that night? It's something I'll never forget and I can be nothing but thankful for the experience. Listening to others here who have never known love, I see myself as blessed. Life is all about perspective. I could dwell on the fact that I'll never dance again with her, or I can relive that moment any time and be thankful for it. Kate, if you're out there, thank you for more reasons than you'll ever know. I love you so much and wish you someday will find a love like that.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 10-27-2008 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I've been thinking about what I posted last night and I've come to realize that my story isn't sad at all. In fact, it's the exact opposite. How many people have gotten the opportunity to feel the way I did that night? It's something I'll never forget and I can be nothing but thankful for the experience. Listening to others here who have never known love, I see myself as blessed. Life is all about perspective. I could dwell on the fact that I'll never dance again with her, or I can relive that moment any time and be thankful for it. Kate, if you're out there, thank you for more reasons than you'll ever know. I love you so much and wish you someday will find a love like that.
YOU get a high five and some reps...no matter how far south a relationship goes, if you know, deep in your soul of soul's you felt true love, then my friend, you've experienced that kind of love that God meant for us to know...regardless how the other person felt, you felt it, which like you say, some people never get to feel in a lifetime. And that kind of love is not only very powerful, but life lasting.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How do you know they are experiencing true love?

they know it and that is all that is important....

Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 AM

943 posts, read 3,328,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
YOU get a high five and some reps...no matter how far south a relationship goes, if you know, deep in your soul of soul's you felt true love, then my friend, you've experienced that kind of love that God meant for us to know...regardless how the other person felt, you felt it, which like you say, some people never get to feel in a lifetime. And that kind of love is not only very powerful, but life lasting.

Wow this really made me stop and think. Great post.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM

389 posts, read 1,983,341 times
to the OP: your very first post is exactly my thoughts. i ask GOD why me? i was told i look like angelina jolie by relatives who watch her movieS AT diff times.. (they were watching different movies. ) my ultimate question is:

WHERE IS MY BRAD PITT!!!!!! DAMN IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships