Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM

291 posts, read 610,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You are pulling our collective legs aren't you
no i just dont want to give up. i am finding it hard to accept that she does not want to talk to me anymore- and i feel really dissapointed with myself because i feel like i screwed up when we spoke to eachother online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 05:12 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,587,245 times
I concur and suggest you read and re read the following posts. They are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
She is a stranger to you.
Strangers who ask for, or are willing to accept, money from strangers ARE PROBABLY CRIMINALS.
There is a 50% chance that "she" is a man, and/or has lied about everything in order to get money from you.

STOP! BACK AWAY! Stop attempting to communicate with that stranger this minute! Count your blessings that you were NOT able to send money to him/her. Stop leading with your heart, and use your head. The internet is NOT like living next door to someone whom you can see, and learn about in the real world. If you want to fall in love, find real-live girls in your town. I wish you joy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
BE GRATEFUL THAT YOUR TRANSFER DIDN'T GO THROUGH!!!! The fact that she stopped communicating after you couldn't send money tells you that's all she wanted. You were the victim of a very popular scam and be grateful that a technological glitch kept you from losing your money. Think about how you'd feel if she disappeared with your money as well as your heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
BE GRATEFUL THAT YOUR TRANSFER DIDN'T GO THROUGH!!!! The fact that she stopped communicating after you couldn't send money tells you that's all she wanted. You were the victim of a very popular scam and be grateful that a technological glitch kept you from losing your money. Think about how you'd feel if she disappeared with your money as well as your heart.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:22 PM

620 posts, read 1,947,896 times
I think you have been given wonderful advice by lots of posters here about counting your blessings that you did not become more involved with this "woman". Are you sure she isn't married? It sounds like you were being conned whether you want to believe it or not. Who knows- her husband might have been in on it too!

You state that you do not want to give up- The reality is YOU might not want to, however SHE HAS ALREADY CUT HER LOSSES. It does sound like she has you blocked on her account.

You can keep chasing a ghost,but the real thing is so much better. You do need two people in for a friendship/relationship and apparently she doesn't want one with you. I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM

291 posts, read 610,017 times
sorry to keep going on but, ughhh- her online status is set to an away message- it reads this ''what doesent kill us will make us stronger,we are gonna last longer than the great wall of China.'' what does that mean? im thinking if there is another guy in the picture now. it is hurtful in a way because a month ago i was the centre of attention as far as she was concerned.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:42 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,635,628 times
Sounds like an online scam to me! I bet it was a guy too! Be thankful you did not send any money!

Old 10-26-2008, 05:43 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,083,068 times
Are you totally hideous? Do you have a second head? A hump on your back? An eye in the middle of your forehead? What's do you think is so wrong with you that you can't find someone else who will think enough of you to make you the center of her world? One who wants you and not your money?

Yes your feelings are hurt but GET OVER IT!! To help curb your obsession with the scammer, find a celebrity to focus on. Just hunt the internet for all the information you can find, pour yourself into your job, just get this very toxic person out of your space.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM

620 posts, read 1,947,896 times
I am wondering if you are READING and taking in everything everyone is posting to you here.I do not mean to come across mean, however, I saw in another post that you are 25. I think at 25 you can figure out when someone does not want to be bothered by someone. I think she/he does not want to be bothered by you. You did not supply her/him with what they needed MOST-MONEY.

BTw~Her away status is probably just her/his way of ignoring people. I bet you anything-if you send a message-
"Hey, I have the money now and would love to help you out- he/she would be talking to you in a heartbeat!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:19 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,065,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
no i just dont want to give up. i am finding it hard to accept that she does not want to talk to me anymore- and i feel really dissapointed with myself because i feel like i screwed up when we spoke to eachother online.
Stop being so stubbornly pigheaded about this situation! All she wanted was money from you. And unless you are planning to move to CA, then there is absolutely zero future in your friendship, relationship or whatever it is you think you have with her. And what kind of in person friend would she be with all the money problems that she has? Plus on top of all that, at the young age of 25, she has a bad back that gives her pain. This young woman is a mess, a walking disaster, a train wreck about to happen... and you want her for a girlfriend? Are you completely nuts?

BTW she's still be talking to you if you had sent her money... but you'd still NOT be her friend, but just a ATM machine to her. Don't you dare try to send her any cash!!!!

Quote:
like a month ago she was in debt, her car payments and her house rent was two months overdue and she asked me if i could help her financially.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,294,768 times
Quote:
sorry to keep going on but, ughhh- her online status is set to an away message- it reads this ''what doesent kill us will make us stronger,we are gonna last longer than the great wall of China.'' what does that mean? im thinking if there is another guy in the picture now. it is hurtful in a way because a month ago i was the centre of attention as far as she was concerned.
You are begining to sound very creepy now. She/he/it doesn't want anything to do with you. Get it.

One other thing, this could be a ploy as it's pegged you and knows it has you hooked. Bet you if it was to bat it's eye lids and come up with a story you'd be down at that Western Union office in a second cash in hand. If you get taken you deserve it as you have been warned by many.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:09 PM

926 posts, read 2,741,699 times
Quote:
ughhh, i cant seem to listen. i saw her online again i said ''hi'' again, and i got blanked again. i think that i should send her an email message just to get some things out in the open.
now your behavior is borderline stalker because she isnt reaching out to you but you keep reaching out to her. stop contacting her. nothing is more of a turn off than a thirsty guy.

Quote:
dont blame yourself! she is a flaky person! Its not you!

Quote:
I think that message is for all the guys she is talking to and all of them are trying to figure out the meaning behind it. face reality- either you werent the only one or you have been replaced. so what- its HER loss. after her behavior do you REALLY wanna be with her anyways? or even talk to her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships